Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably get called out for being a whiner, but why does BRP keep offering that pos one ply Ripsaw? Not interested in the prestudded one either. I realize tracks can be changed out, but would it not make more sense put a decent track out as an option? Would Chevy put an economy car tire on a Corvette? End of rant. Anyone want to buy a 129" Ripsaw?

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I have two Ripsaw 1's that are takeoffs from my 15 Gade and 16 MXZX 129". It's very frustrating that all the other manufacturers offer the Cobra or Rip 2 or both as options or standard equipment. I'm getting tired of collecting tracks I don't want and paying for another track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get it. The original Ripsaw has been causing excessive track spin and bad hole shots for over 15 years, yet they choose to install it on their new flagship.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,307 Posts
I don't know about "any" as far as other tracks....................but I agree that there should be more than two options of basically the same design....... The Rip2 would be very nice... :wink_old:

Reactions: Riksdooski

·
Registered
737 Posts
I definitely want a 1.5"+ track on a sled with 100hp or more. In my riding area this is what I have found works.

Also has Doo addressed there y pipe and Reed issues? Haven't been on top of the newer machines. The Revs are awful reliable otherwise.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had my 2016 X 800 track swapped out for an ice attack 2 ply. All of my buddies are running rip saws on the same sled and they all saw I pull them hard out of the corners..... Ripsaw sucks...
I agree though, ski doo needs to offer this track and others as an option. My dealer took my brand new ripsaw in trade and installed the ice attack for free but it still cost me $300 for the trade. Worth every penny, but should be a factory option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just built a 850X Renegade. UNBELIEVABLE THAT WE CAN ONLY GET THIS SLED WITH POS 1-1/4" TRACKS FROM THE FACTORY! I paid good money for a 1.6 Cobra on my '15 XRS, ain't gonna do it again. 'Doo has alot of great ideas and new tech, but some of their decisions just utterly baffle me. And some of the colors..............one guy said "well, they ain't as bad as last year"...........way to go 'Doo....ain't QUITE as ugly as last year. I don't care if they offer the bright pastel colors on some of their top models for those guys who like that sort of thing, but give us a nice basic black, black and yellow( you know, SKI-DOO COLORS!!!!) for most of us older guys that still like to buy the Freerides, XRS's, etc. The last few years we have seen GI JOE dull green, the infamous Mcdoo, now the Dreamsicle and Boy George eyeshadow pastel blue and green, and the awesome dog poop brown on the Enduro!

I was ready to buy a 2017, ain't gonna. Rode a 16' Axys 800 Rush quite a few times, yeah the back end is ugly too, but the total package is darn close to my XRS in all areas, better in some. And you can get a decent track from the factory and many of their top models have 5-10 colors to pick from. Polaris wants to be #1 again, might just be there in a couple of years if 'Doo does not give us more options. And I have been riding 'Doo since 1967, so I would say I am a pretty loyal customer.

And go ahead and "edit for bad language" about my whining.............think of the melody of an old 1960's song............... :happydance it's MY post and I'll whine if I want to, whine if I want to, whine if I want to.............. :doomOOn:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
This is one of the biggest problem/gripe about Doo's. My son is snow checking this year and having a hard time deciding on a sled. You have the 850X with so, so shocks and crappy ripsaw track or the XRS with better shocks and optional 1.5 track, but older chassis and 800 motor. Not knocking the XS chassis as I have a 16 MXZx 1200 and love it. But you still should be able to get a option for a better track. He's going to ask dealer Saturday about the cost to swap out tracks.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, kind of surprised at no clickers on the ski shocks, but didn't have them on my '06 800x and somehow made it through ok, lol. Personally, I would be happy with a two ply Ripsaw 2.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You can get a 1.75 on a 137 freeride but not an option on 137 renegade. Makes no sense !!

I have the 1.5 rip 2 on my '16 XRS. Paid dealer to swap it. Hands down awesome track.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I agree that it's nonsense to offer the rip one on any X sled. Period. But the bigger head scratcher is why it's still being manufactured. I have yet to hear one person speak positively about this track and I seriously doubt so one is buying it as a replacement. Which only leads me to believe it's the manufacturers that are buying this track with expectations of upgrade sales.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm maybe going to buy a 850 in two years when I can afford a 17. I've excepted my next sled will need a cluch kit track studs and c&a.

I really hope that the 850 has better reeds and y pipe than the older sleds.

Andrew

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ski-Doo is still comatose on their new sled track options, just unbelievable!! I swapped out immediately on my 15 MXZ X 800 for a Ripsaw II two-ply, way better track than the Ripsaw I one-ply. I plan on doing the same next spring with my wife's 600 X. Polaris is way ahead of Doo with Ripsaw II's on their performance models. Maybe braindead would be the proper word to use for Doo.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Skidoo is still comatose on sled comfiguration period.

What is so beneficial about the new skidoo.com? It's prettier because it's updated to new web technology but that's it. Why no new Configurator? Why one track on one sled but not the other? Silly. The product marketing at doo leaves a lot to be desired. Imo.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I agree, terrible track choice for their top model. I have owned two of the Rip 1 and one of the Rip 2. The Rip 1 is the worst track ever made in the modern era. It only works on a groomed, hardpack trail. Camoplast must sell it to them for really cheap, or they wouldn't still be using it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts