Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone out there riding their 06 Mach Zx hard in the bumps? I hate bumps, but hey they're out there and I aint slowing down for them. However, I just about killed myself trying to hang w/ a buddies 04 600HO X. I know the mach isn't a bump sled and can't compare to the 600X. However, through some fine tuning it has to be ok.

So if anyone has found a sweet spot in the bumps please speak up.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already went up a few clicks on the rear high speed. Going to have to go up a few more I guess.... it's tough to do this on the trails with the suspension packed full of snow and no socket handy..... wish it had remote clickers.

I'll give her a few more clicks.

Anyone else. Riding these things hard in the bumps or am I the only one w/ from Brass

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
ANYONE TRY DROPPING THE FRONT SUSPENSION MOUNTING POINT ONE HOLE?

·
SkiDoo Guru
21,005 Posts
brp also has a europe set up (firmer ride ) .different shock valving. look on line or in the race manual for thr parts or go see your dealer .why is it that everything brp sells always seems too soft or too small ? hope this helps?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I added a High Gear Supension. It will not bottom. It also raised the front of the sled about 2" which leveled out the rear skid. It is not quite as plush in the small chops but that is a small price to pay to get that fat pig through the trails at a respectable pace.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sled Beater,
What did you do to raise the front of the sled? Also, when you guys refer to the Hygear set up are you talking about his $1800 shock package for the Z? I have the 06 Zx.... I'd assume he could revalve and respring my stuff. I'm not spending $1800. Already have too much in the thing. Thinking of just building a custom sled from scratch next time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The front shocks and springs are longer and the center springs are stiffer. Yes it is the costly shock package for the Z w/upgrades. I upgraded to the olin piggyback on the rear and remote resorvoir shock for center. I needed more travel to ride the Tughill in NY so it was worth it to me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sled Beater said:
The front shocks and springs are longer and the center springs are stiffer. Yes it is the costly shock package for the Z w/upgrades. I upgraded to the olin piggyback on the rear and remote resorvoir shock for center. I needed more travel to ride the Tughill in NY so it was worth it to me.
[snapback]691952[/snapback]​
Why dont you try my suspension modification?? I and a few others have done this mod with good sucsses in much,much better riding Z.Drilling the hole on the inside of tunnel and dropping the front suspension out of the tunnel an inch.If you are interested on this PM me.joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.