Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a lot of topics here and there about if the kits will work on a 16 and some have tried and what not.
Can we use this thread for people who have actually put a kit on there 16... If so what kit, what model sled, and what are your thoughts?

I've got a Cudney kit that came off
A 14 800etec that I haven't installed on my 16 yet waiting to see if someone releases a kit specific for the 2016 129"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
2016 800r renegade. Just installed a laflamme kit. Haven't tested yet since trails closed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Installed a hrss clutch kit on my 2016...well what bronco put together for me told him what I wanted and he set me up. Bigger primary rollers adjustable pin wieght, primary spring and ramps. Spring, helix and bearing in secondary. The sled is awesome has smooth engagement around 3650rpm and performs great at all rpm ranges. Running on clicker 4 and runs right to 8000 rpm. The stock 800 clutch setup is a great setup but in my world there is always room for improvement and this kit was it.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Installed a hrss clutch kit on my 2016...well what bronco put together for me told him what I wanted and he set me up. Bigger primary rollers adjustable pin wieght, primary spring and ramps. Spring, helix and bearing in secondary. The sled is awesome has smooth engagement around 3650rpm and performs great at all rpm ranges. Running on clicker 4 and runs right to 8000 rpm. The stock 800 clutch setup is a great setup but in my world there is always room for improvement and this kit was it.
Can you quantify the gains? MPH or sled lengths in 1000 feet?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd like to hear from someone who lined up with a 16 then installed a kit and re line up with that stock 16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have done that! I have an 800 blizzard. I have two buddy's that have 16 800 X and one that has an 800XRS. We have lined up stock and all were very much even. I have now installed the Reed's Racing clutch kit and I now can beat them. The kit gives a better hole-shot for sure and the mid range is also stronger! I have not tested the very top-end but mine has gone 117 on the Speedo... on a trail (not ice or hard packed road). I thought 117 on trails was pretty impressive! Believe it or not my wife's 15 800X from a roll was harder to beat than my buddy's 16(But I do beat her now, stock she could beat me). I would say from a dead stop I gained around 5 sled lengths and from a roll at least 3 sled lengths! That is very impressive for just a clutch kit! Also, the clutching is spot on so the fun factor went up as well. Money well spent! Another bonus about Reed Racing is the customer service....he gets back ASAP and he is constantly testing and improving!

I hope that helps!

·
Vendor
577 Posts
I have a few new kits ready for 15-16 800 Etec . Re design the helix , comes w pin weight and primary spring . You'll use your stk rollers and stk belt w this KIT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts