Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE my 2002 700X. I had a REV and it handled the bumps great, but went back to the ZX due to heavy steering. I've been back on the ZX for the last 3500 miles and this thing rails the corners and for fast trail riding I feel it's second to none. I wish BRP would bring back the ZX or some version of it for those of us that want a traditional sled. All the other brands still have a few in their lineup. I stuck like $2500 into this sled this year and if BRP doesn't come up with something for me in 2008, I will have to decide whether to go through it again or maybe go to a different brand. Please BRP bring back the ZX! What do you think?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also love the zx chassis.... but i also dont see them coming back out with the same style chassis again... the rev is advanced alot from the zx... the other brands such as polaris are also moving or on there way from fully moving to the rev style with the fusion.... but i still wish u could get the zx too!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree with rampage on the RT. The only thing i dont like about the RT is the hard steering compared to the ZX. The power makes
up for it though.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I guess there are many of us thinking the same thing. What do to with our aging ZX chassis sleds. Time for something new or just refresh what we've got. This year I rebuilt my '01 800 but I've put 5500K on it already this season and with a few weekends left it is in need of some attention again. I've got two zx 800s and they will both need top ends, shock rebuilds, idler wheels, etc. to keep them fit for another year. Tough choices but I'd like to wait until the next chassis comes out from DOO before getting something new.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The RT is more of a conventional chassis than the REV, but I like a lighweigt sled that I can "edit for bad language" around off trail with, and I don't see it happening with a RT. Plus, I don't like the fact that the front veiw looks like a pregnant REV. I rode a REV for the majority of the last season, but I am 6'4" and felt cramped, so I went back to the ZX. I'm just hoping that doo's next chassis is more suited to guys with giraffe legs (like me).

·
Registered
677 Posts
i will keep running the zx for a few more seasons got no major issues other than normal wear and tear items will freashen up the top end this summer along with shocks and run it, i am waiting to see what engine choices they are going to offer in the rt i will check out that 800r when its out. i like the seating position on the rt but i don't need a 1000, but i doo like the power my 800 has and would buy another just not sure about the sdi i prefer carbs.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My biggest complaint about the REV was the heavy steering. I have a bad back and can't have that. The REV also felt a little top heavy and on deceleration the skis would come down quick and dart. I had a REV for 22oo miles and felt more more at home on the Zx. i agree the RT is probably a good compromise, but if the heavy steering is still there, I'm out. May in 08 something will work for me.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
if ski-doo was to come out with a zx type sled again, i would more than likely sell my yamaha and buy one, i like the looks and style of them, and if they where to put a engine in there that would last for 4000+ miles i would diffently buy doo again

·
Registered
408 Posts
poo sucks said:
if ski-doo was to come out with a zx type sled again, i would more than likely sell my yamaha and buy one, i like the looks and style of them, and if they where to put a engine in there that would last for 4000+ miles i would diffently buy doo again
[snapback]742938[/snapback]​
I have an MXZ 440 and it has 8000kms on it and still haven't opened up the motor, and still works like the day it was new, whats up with that?

·
Registered
273 Posts
MY MACH 1 HAD 10,000 MILES ON IT BEFORE I SOLD IT GREAT SLED. MXZ 700 HAS 5,500 TROUBLE FREE MILES ON IT. DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT POO SUCKS.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Wow! 4000miles at 8,000rpm is like 30,000 at 5,500 or 5,800. Get off the throttle and enjoy the ride and save your pocket book. A guy i ride with has a yamaha mountain max with 15,000 miles on it he rebuilt the engine at 12,000 miles and there was nothing wrong, the only reason he did it was he order the parts and just figured i have them why not, he never in that 15,000 miles had teh sled over 7,000 rpm. 2 stokes rev high just not for 10's of thousands of miles

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
poo sucks said:
[snapback]742938[/snapback]​
You mean, your dad would buy one.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My 02 now has over 7600 miles on her. I did freshen up the top end at 4800 but it wasn't blown. Hoping to get another 3000 to 4000 out of her next year. My 02 700X has the flat footwells and tilted tunnel, so I can get right up on it if the trails get bumpy and stand because of the riser bar. If the trails are smooth I can sit back and relax. Best of everything!!! Come on DOO! Make a sled for US!

·
Registered
677 Posts
4500 trouble free miles on mine and i agree with you lakelandsledder i can sit back and relax on all but the biggest bumps on my ZX and as long as BRP keeps satisfying the blair morgan wannbe's we are SOL and judging by the 07 pics we are just that ,SOL. as long as my chassis holds togeather i will keep running the ZX. would be nice to see them put the ras front suspension on a ZX style sled though.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I'm not trying to start anything here, but I think Arctic Cat is on to something with this adjustable seat thing. It's perfect for the Rev. Slide it up and forward for the rough rides, then down and back for the flat trail, cruiser rides.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts