Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info on the change from Adrenaline bars to the X package bars......

Is there a width diff in the two?

How high of a rise gets you to stock ht with the straight bar?

Most of you using Powermadd adapter and 4 inch rise?

Were the cables long enough to use the pivot adapter and 4 inch rise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
The X bars are slightly narrower, maybe a couple of inches.

A 4" rise (comes with the doo kit) will allow you to be at the stock height when pulled back, but also tilt forward to get a bit more height out of it.

With a pivot adapter and the stock stering shaft, you have about 2 inches from the adapter itself so you would only need a 2" riser to make the stock height.

Cables are plenty long enough for the 4" rise and more.

One more thing. If you start adding up a pivot adapter, riser, handgaurds, windsheild, X bars, and bar pad, you will most likely find it is hard to beat Doo's price on the kit, if you can at all. Of course if you already have some of the components, or have a connection to get a good deal on a few items then you might be able to do it for less than the Doo kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
You just have to shrug it off sometimes. I belong to an awesome group of guys who race heads-up Late-model mustangs -MOMS (mustangs on mustangs) Anyway, theres one guy in particular that appeared on our website who asks repetitious questions to the point where noone will give the guy a straight answer anymore! (at least not from me anyway!) Its irritating when you see the same question youve answered asked again. Ive seen your set-up and its correct!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
93gt said:
You just have to shrug it off sometimes. I belong to an awesome group of guys who race heads-up Late-model mustangs -MOMS (mustangs on mustangs) Anyway, theres one guy in particular that appeared on our website who asks repetitious questions to the point where noone will give the guy a straight answer anymore! (at least not from me anyway!) Its irritating when you see the same question youve answered asked again. Ive seen your set-up and its correct!

[snapback]298499[/snapback]​
It's not a big deal. I just thought it was funny that you said to ask me and I just got done answering a couple of his questions yesterday. It's not a bad thing to have a 2nd or 3rd or 4th
opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
I was thinking this was the case with REVDOC, I have talked to him on other occasions and seems genuine. Sorry, it got me thinking about this other guy for some reason, no offense REVDOC!
The guy I was talking about asked me about his car (which was a POS rustang) I invite the guy to my garage and then doesnt show like 3 times!- Already off to a good start, then after I pull his wheels, go for a ride, and give him some good advice, posts questions I gave him answers to already. I even offer the guy an extra Chiltons manual for his car for free, and never shows. So when he asks about how to glue his rearview mirror, of course I tell him so scuff the windsheild with a ballpeen hammer. -Just thought Id share that with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe you Bus!!

I am just looking for any other users with diff riser sizes. The dealer is firm on his stand that I need new cables too with the 4 inch.....so I am just checking. I would hate to order all the stuff, and either have it not work or have to order more stuff. I would hate to miss my 4 day trip next weekend while waiting for parts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW,

You guys are GREEEEEEAT!

It is nice to have answers to our problems here. I always hate the dealerships, as they never know any details. They look at you like, uh, yah that should work...but if it doesnt, you have to pay 20% restocking fees! I just feel bad ordering stuff from someone and having to return it.

BTW, I have all the summit stuff, but the adrenaline bars hit. So now I want to try to make it work. I looked into doing the Summit bars, as they are more stock looking, with no wires hanging out. I also found a guy on ebay who makes extended riser covers that look factory. Check them out.

Thanks again boys.

KK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh,

And one last thing before I go do a Root canal....

Jim from Brewsters, is a Great guy, very helpful. I have ordered parts from him and Highly recommend them.

KK

AKA Dr. Pain
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
REVDOC said:
Oh,

And one last thing before I go do a Root canal....

Jim from Brewsters, is a Great guy, very helpful. I have ordered parts from him and Highly recommend them.

KK

AKA Dr. Pain
[snapback]298564[/snapback]​
5" rox riser and fly bars all the cables are stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
That mod was one of the first things that I did. I have had no issues with the cable lengths. The only problem thatt I had was the bars that come with the X-kit have metal tabs on them. I had to file them off so I could mount the handguards closer to the throttle and swithc assembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Yikes! so thats what kind of doc you are!!! Its been like 20 years since I got a root- canal, and I can still smell the smoke and feel those reamers being screwed in and ripped out of my tooth!! BRRRRR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
idoo2 said:
That mod was one of the first things that I did. I have had no issues with the cable lengths. The only problem thatt I had was the bars that come with the X-kit have metal tabs on them. I had to file them off so I could mount the handguards closer to the throttle and swithc assembly.
[snapback]298596[/snapback]​
The bars that come on sleds with the mobile shield have tabs but the X-bars don't. At least mine didn't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
93gt said:
Yikes! so thats what kind of doc you are!!! Its been like 20 years since I got a root- canal, and I can still smell the smoke and feel those reamers being screwed in and ripped out of my tooth!! BRRRRR

[snapback]298611[/snapback]​
Dentist. Everyones favorite!!


I used to be a Yamaha guy, 20 years on them. Now I had one ride on my buds REV in Canada, and i was sold. I can never ride a standard style sled again. Although my first sled was a ski doo......a 399e...had 2 when i was 12. Man, talk about wrenching on sleds!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top