Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still thinking if its worth putting an aftermarket CAN on my Gade...

I've heard that many people lost some TOP END speed like 5-10 miles after installation of aftermarket Cans...

This is due to lack of back pressure that is needed on TOP...I think

What the Cans give is 7-11 is mainly weight reduction...

Your experinces and opinions pls...

·
Professional Rider - Do Not Attempt
932 Posts
I don't personally have an aftermarket can, but have read previous posts about guys that put them on and run slower and then put their stock exhaust back on and find out that it's faster stock. The exhaust pipes and cans are tuned to help reach peak HP with the motor in it's stock form, so unless you've done major mods to the motor, I think you're spending money to make your sled slower and louder, but some people like that kinda thing. To each his own.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I didnt notice any loss on my 05 800. i have an mbrp on it . I give this post 5 minutes untill someone starts crying about cans, here we go again lol !!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
had a hps on my sled and lost 5 hp on the dyno. went back to the stock can.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, THEY ARE ALL NOISIER THAN STOCK, you can hear a sled equipped with this aftermarket crap coming for miles, and they don't improve performance at all,
period. The only plus side is weight reduction, which is good. I say SAVE YOUR MONEY, got that from the"ING" guy.

·
Registered
334 Posts
darn i was off by 5 minutes!! close tho

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That what I'm confused about... So difficult to make a decision.... I want weight reduction but I dont want to loose power or top end....

·
Registered
502 Posts
HAD A DYNOPORT ON MY 800 REV IT WAS SLOWER, NOT AS QUICK, GAVE ME A HEAD ACHE NOT THAT IT WAS REAL LOUD JUST THAT RITE PITCH ANY BUYERS

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have an mbrp,ive never been radared,but i dont think i lost much if any.my buddy races ice on an f-7 and he lost 4-6mphs on radar w/ the same can.ya know what they say if its too loud your to old.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mich600ho said:
I have an mbrp and i gained around 5 mph over stock. And it is not to loud for me it just sounds nice.
[snapback]260379[/snapback]​
You've gained
...most reviews about mbrp cans said they loose power....

I have 2 options that can be supplied to Russia at reasonable price: 1-rumble pack and 2- SLP can....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just my .02...Anyone coming to NH with cans....Please respect the property owners by not screaming or change them all together...Or go to VT and get a $1000 fine. Seriously though, cans are a big issue right now in NH and they are fuel for the conservationist land owners!

I do love the sound though...Urgh! If I had my choice, I'd have Tim the Tool man Taylor make me a Binford Grape Fruit Shooter.

DKE

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
matte said:
Ded moroz ,what top speed do you have with your 1.75 track
[snapback]260387[/snapback]​
I did 135-140 on a field with 10cm of snow....

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
mich600ho said:
I have an mbrp and i gained around 5 mph over stock. And it is not to loud for me it just sounds nice.
[snapback]260379[/snapback]​
In your dreams,can alone, give everyone a break please.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am wondering the same thing, i wnt the sound but dont wanna loose low end and mid range power. i dont care about top end im not a lake racer and witht the 800 i think theres plenty to spare a few mph's.. Does anyone know if it effect the low end and mid range? I heard once it can help throttle response>>?any truth?

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
german hospitality said:
I am wondering the same thing, i wnt the sound but dont wanna loose low end and mid range power. i dont care about top end im not a lake racer and witht the 800 i think theres plenty to spare a few mph's.. Does anyone know if it effect the low end and mid range? I heard once it can help throttle response>>?any truth?
[snapback]262039[/snapback]​
NO!

Most cans can give 2-3 HP gains but not until you hit 8100-8200 RPM's so the only gain is at the top end and most never see the gain because they aren't smart enough to drop some pin weight to hit those rpms.

If you want better throttle response, notch your reed stops (as good or better than spacers and aftermarket reeds).

Have Fun,

G MAN

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gman086 said:
german hospitality said:
[snapback]262039[/snapback]​
NO!

Most cans can give 2-3 HP gains but not until you hit 8100-8200 RPM's so the only gain is at the top end and most never see the gain because they aren't smart enough to drop some pin weight to hit those rpms.

If you want better throttle response, notch your reed stops (as good or better than spacers and aftermarket reeds).

Have Fun,

G MAN
[snapback]263246[/snapback]​
Thanks...I will...

How to Notch REED Stops???

I am also getting Joes clutch??? Should I get a Can to go with???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts