Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
15,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see how many people with a reasonable amount of miles, have absolutely beaten the $h1t out of their sleds and don't have a single problem.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
have absolutely beaten the $h1t out of their sleds and don't have a single problem.
good question, never seen it posted b4 and my guess is there will be very few!

when you "beaten the $h1t out of their sleds" they don't last long, if anyone reads this forum that point is about the only one that should be crystal clear...

you can ride hard, I surely doo and that poor sled with my 270lbs. must be moaning at times... but I don't beat the "edit for bad language" out of it... gee could that be why it does not break...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I beat the crap out of my sled for two seasons and I finally broke something in my rear suspension. I was starting to think I couldn't break it!

·
Registered
314 Posts
i beat the crap out of my sled. that is why its been outside behind my garage with a tarp over it and i have a wtb ad looking for my next victim

·
Registered
417 Posts
2004 600h.o. renegade. 11500 HARD kms to date. 2 sets of rings and 2 rear shocks. besides that nothing has given up. and trust me, it has been beaten. oh yea, broke a bumper when it hit a 5 inch diameter tree. on the other hand is the 03.s BM in my garage. riden equally as hard and i have the parts recepts to prove it. go figgure.

·
Hurry, pull my string again!
2,181 Posts
i been saying it all along. I beat the living edit for bad language out of my sled, and it takes it all. I think my airs last year may have contributed to my first failure. i sheared off the W arm for the front rear shock and that snapped the right hand rail (SC4). I blame myself for never backing off and just using more throttle as my final solution, muh hu haha. i been talking about this, so i guess i ought to post some pics after i bring the sled to my house for suspension reincarnation.

I think i'm going Expert X since I'm not gonna trade up.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
YES Ive always beaten the lving "edit for bad language" outta my sleds and the only real problems Ive had is I snapped both rear torsion springs on my 99 MXZ 600.
I have 4000 miles on my 7c REV and around 3500 miles on my 04 600ho sdi X and NO real problems YET.

·
15,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im glad to hear the fact that you guys beat the crap out of your stuff, AND accept the fact that when it breaks, its not doo's fault. there are so many people out there thinking that this stuff should be invincible.

ive driven over trees a couple inches in diameter, hit rocks and stumps, and maybe picked up a scratch on a sticker. spent most of my time trying to pulls wheelies so WOT/no throttle, WOT/no throttle, and testing acceleration about a million times after every little adjustment i made. never had a problem with the sled. but i can also say that even tho it was ridden hard, it did not have the crap beat out of it.

who else?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I ride hard and aggressive but I wouldn't say beat the crap out of it.
I bought the sled to have fun and that's what I'm dooing.
Besides upgrading skis, sliders, leaking oil cap and plugs(til I went to BR8ECS).
I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
314 Posts
cArNaGe said:
I would never beat a 8 thousand dollar machine.
[snapback]733836[/snapback]​
yea i suppose it is getting a litte old, but i think 1 more sled then i'll get something with mirrors and a backrest and chill. but for now thats what i bought it for. so what the hell! thats one of the reasons i like snowmobiling, it means so many different things to so many people. there are so many ways to use and enjoy snowmobiles. p.s can you tell me were to get a new 600 mod for $8000?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
pull-aris said:
i beat the $h1t out of my old bravo....
it still (kinda) runs....
it still own for making new trails
[snapback]734351[/snapback]​
I hear that! My old bravo took went to hell and came back. Everything I did to it showed up in one year though, when my track ripped apart, my belt blew up, and rear shock fell apart, I busted 2 springs at the same time... but nothing wrong with the engine... gotta love the bullet proof 250 one cylinder engines, nothing could hurt them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I abuse my suspension but I take care of the engine and I do my preventive maint. on everything. Beat on it pretty good today and she's saggin a little. Time to upgrade the shocks and springs in the back. Going to jack it up and drop the suspension this summer and go through it really well. No issues w/ my sled at all. It's been great!

·
15,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am glad to hear so many sleds that are going strong after such hard use. it's easy to jump on the complaint wagon when something goes wrong, and compliments are often overlooked and under-used.

i know theres more of you out there lets keep it goin!! i bet these sleds that are beat so badly still look almost new in the pics... lets see some of these beauties!!! bet we can't even tell there's anything wrong

·
Stretch in '08!
516 Posts
Just got in from a good hard ride. 8167 kms, most of which are ' I can jump farther, I can jump higher, I can do that' miles. I've beaten, bashed and pounded this machine. so far i've only changed the plugs once from the originals at the start of this season at about 5100 kms, blown one belt at around 4000 kms, developed a crack in the helix at 7000 kms, and now im getting new shocks as these ones had their time. as far as engine reliability goes, never been touched, still good as new, 150 psi both jugs. I'm very happy with this machine and dont plan on jumping off my rev anytime soon.

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
I'm no Blair Morgan but I love to jump my Rev. Nose landings, tail landings I've done it all. 4870 Hard miles and all I've done is replaced the rear shock at 3800 miles. But as hard as I ride it I also take good care of it and stay on top of the maintenance.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
I have a 05 renegade, and I love that thing. I hit the trails hard with it, but everytime i go home it gets taken care of...

So yes I beat the crap out of it on the trail but then it gets some TLC in the nice warm shop...

Ryan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts