Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a white skid plate for an XR chassis. Does anyone know of an after market company that makes a white skid plate for an XR .Doo dose not make a white one for the XR . They do make one for the XP but have had mixed reviews on weather or not it will work. My next thought was to buy a black one and paint it with a good automotive plastic paint. Painting one worries me because every time you hit something little you would have the paint scratched off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well I had the same thoughts at the end of the season. Saw one on a sled that for sale on ebay. Asked the gut selling it where he purchased the white skid plate...he replied...purchase a black one and paint it white with a plastic acrylic paint. I did that and take a look at the pics turned out pretty good!

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,632 Posts
The XP fits, not perfect, but way close enough. Cut the hole for the oil plug, and all is well.

I am looking for a white skid plate for an XR chassis. Does anyone know of an after market company that makes a white skid plate for an XR .Doo dose not make a white one for the XR . They do make one for the XP but have had mixed reviews on weather or not it will work. My next thought was to buy a black one and paint it with a good automotive plastic paint. Painting one worries me because every time you hit something little you would have the paint scratched off.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Mark,

Do you happen to have a pic of that area?

(Or maybe even a video that you are so famous for)

Just ribbin' you a little bit. I'm sure it has been said before, but I appreciate your videos on Youtube. Even though I'll never do the things as fast as you do, they give me the info I need to do some of these things myself. THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
3,632 Posts
No pics, but the fit is close enough except for the very anal.

Mark,

Do you happen to have a pic of that area?

(Or maybe even a video that you are so famous for)

Just ribbin' you a little bit. I'm sure it has been said before, but I appreciate your videos on Youtube. Even though I'll never do the things as fast as you do, they give me the info I need to do some of these things myself. THANKS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts