Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of converting my 2003 Rev into either a 136 or 141" track. I have been looking at the Mountain Machines rail extensions and 8" billet wheels which I thing I am going to go with, however, I am unsure on which tunnel extension to go with. I saw a few pictures of some sleds on this forum but can't find where the extensions came from. The one that I thought was nice had a sticker on it that said PJP!?

Any advise on a good way to go on the whole project would be graetly appreciated.

Thanks,
Danee Popovski
2003 REV 800X

·
Registered
373 Posts
Go with mountian machines sweet setup not sure bout the pjp saw them also dont know where to find info on them though

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
Powder Lite Products.... PLP... This is probably the neatest/sharpest extension... going.. includes an rear cooler in it.. but is on the expensive side $750/800. I can't seem to get their website to work...

http://www.powderlite.com

Phone number should be: 435-787-1385

Would be a cheaper to use a VE (Van Amberg or Fabcraft Tunnel extension) but the PLP is first class...

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2411

A picture of skinnydoo's old sled is on page 3 of this topic.. it has a PLP extension

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...57&#entry286857

·
REV XP Nut
1,248 Posts
TRACKSUSA, hyfax goes all the way back

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
boondocker01 said:
TRACKSUSA, hyfax goes all the way back
[snapback]292478[/snapback]​
So does MMP extensions.. they run the hifax all the way back.. and look nice.. have kind of matching lightening holes on the bottom similarly to what is already on the rails.. fit great...

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
djm said:
Powder Lite Products.... PLP... This is probably the neatest/sharpest extension... going.. includes an rear cooler in it.. but is on the expensive side $750/800. I can't seem to get their website to work...

http://www.powderlite.com

Phone number should be: 435-787-1385

Would be a cheaper to use a VE (Van Amberg or Fabcraft Tunnel extension) but the PLP is first class...

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2411

A picture of skinnydoo's old sled is on page 3 of this topic.. it has a PLP extension

[URL=http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...57&#entry286857]http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...57&#entry286857

[snapback]292139[/snapback]​
Is it necessary to have another cooler when converting to a 136 or 144" track?
Also what grab handle do you use if you were to buy a MM tunnel extension?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Don't have to have extra cooling especially if you ride more powder. I put in a temp gauge in mine to be sure. I only overheated once last year and it was the last ride of the year and the trail was a 2 mile strech of plowed road

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJP...

What did you pay for the tunnel extension if you dont mind me asking? What did it come with?
Also what kind of track are you running compared to the kind of riding you do?

I do a lot of rail riding so I dont need any overheating problems, however, we dont go on roads for long periods of time so I dont see a problem with the overheating.

·
Registered
14,289 Posts
WeTDrEaM said:
DJP...

What did you pay for the tunnel extension if you dont mind me asking? What did it come with?
Also what kind of track are you running compared to the kind of riding you do?

I do a lot of rail riding so I dont need any overheating problems, however, we dont go on roads for long periods of time so I dont see a problem with the overheating.
[snapback]292643[/snapback]​
That is skinnydoo's old sled.. he put the tunnel extension on it.. ran the coolant thru the rolled edges of the footwell rails.. I believe he paid about $750 for it.. but it has the rear skid mounting brackets, the cooler and the steps for hill climbing.. It is a very nice looking piece.. and will never over heat.. Think he is up at his cabin right now.. I am sure he will chime in when he sees this.. he could give you a better answer on the cost.

By the same token I am sure it is over kill.. I have two zx mxz sleds that are turned into mountain sleds with 151" x 2" tracks with tunnel extensions and 1 136" summit that is now 151" they have never over heated on me in the mountains of course that is mostly powder running. I ran my 700 151 last year in TC area boondocking last year two weekends in a row and had no problems. But we had great snow at the time...

The sled in the picture has a 136" x 2" track and I use it for mostly boon docking in Michigan. Usually in the Traverse City area. This last weekend, put on 180 miles over the two days.. and some road riding.. where there was not much snow getting thrown on the heat exchangers... and no over heating. Now admittedly.. because of the 2" lugs.. I usually have one side of the sled on a snow bank when going down the side of a road. We put the track on with the intention of cutting it down to 1.65" lugs ... but we started out having such good snow.. (that has since changed) that I left the lugs 2".

As long as the trail riding is done mostly on snow covered trails.. you would do fine with a 136 or 141 x 2" if the trails were not hard packed and icy.. then it might be a different story.

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Basically if you are doing the same riding as me (I also go to Traverse City) I shouldn't have a problem with the MM tunnel extension w/o the extra cooler.

Also can't believe that you havn't had any problems with the lugs on the track breaking with the kind of riding we do in MI.

I"m probally going to go with a shorter lug track because I have the intensions of studding the hell out of it. After the track the motor is getting a helping of a Boondockers N2O, porting, pipes, and reeds.

Is the grab handle just a standard handle on the aftermarket tunnel extension?

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
wet- I have a complete 136" extension kit for $295-BJ

(does not include rail extensions,extra coolers,track)-BJ

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BIG JOHN said:
(does not include rail extensions,extra coolers,track)-BJ
[snapback]293111[/snapback]​
What does it come with then? I can get rail extensions, 8" big wheel kit from MMP for $300.00 -$320.00

·
Big Daddy Long Stroke
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheech said:
I got BJ's kit. Came with extension, snowflap, bumper and I think all of the hardware (nuts, bolts, rivets)

I also went with MMP wheels and extension
[snapback]293650[/snapback]​
I think I am going to get these parts seperatly if that is what his kit comes with. Due to the fact that I can get the extension for 80.00 and I would like to have a orange flap which usually dont come in kits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts