Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've got a new 2014 1200 renegade X coming very soon & wanted the pre studded track,but doo no longer has it as a choice from the factory so I'm installing it myself when I get the sled. Most of my riding is on trail . I see a few choices, the first is a Ice Attak XT 1.22" it is a 137 X 15 " track. The other track is the Ice Attak 1.375" it is a 137 X 16 " I had a cobra on my shorty sled & loved it so I'm looking at the taller 1.375 Ice Attak I did see the Cobra is now offered as a pre studded track in 15 & 16 widths but has a lug height of 1.6" & I'm thinking this is a bit of over kill for trail riding,

So my thinking is the Ice Attak with the 1.375 with the 16" width is the best track for my riding style, what's your thoughts on this track & how well has it stood up??

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just picked up a 2013 Gade X and was wondering the same thing. Decided to got with the 1.6 Cobra. I'm not a stud fan so I went for the non-studded version.

Can't tell you how good it works yet! But everything I read makes it sound right!

http://www.tracksusa.com/Ice-Cobra-16-detail.htm?productId=-453261&browse=-47153&shopBy=-13144&catalogId=-3693
With this style of track did you install tunnel protectors & have enough clearance at the front heat ex changer??

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,843 Posts
if you use the studded version you need tunnel protectors.your front heat exchanger should have protectors on it if your sled comes from the factory with a 1.25 track.

·
Premium Member
8,173 Posts
I am having the dealer install the Ice Attack 1.375 on my 2014 1200X. I have an Ice Ripper XT on my 2012 1200 now and like it. I have tunnel protectors on my 2012 and will have them on my 2014. I thought about the 1.6 but I ride 90% trails and did not think the 1.6 would be well suited for my style of riding.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got a new 2014 1200 renegade X coming very soon & wanted the pre studded track,but doo no longer has it as a choice from the factory so I'm installing it myself when I get the sled. Most of my riding is on trail . I see a few choices, the first is a Ice Attak XT 1.22" it is a 137 X 15 " track. The other track is the Ice Attak 1.375" it is a 137 X 16 " I had a cobra on my shorty sled & loved it so I'm looking at the taller 1.375 Ice Attak I did see the Cobra is now offered as a pre studded track in 15 & 16 widths but has a lug height of 1.6" & I'm thinking this is a bit of over kill for trail riding,

So my thinking is the Ice Attak with the 1.375 with the 16" width is the best track for my riding style, what's your thoughts on this track & how well has it stood up??
I think the Ice Attak 1.375 x 16" is your best bet Ken. I don't think you want to go any taller considering the type of riding we do (99.9% trail) and I really think you want to stick with the 16" width for the bigger footprint. Tunnel protectors for sure. Cheap insurance. My Ice Ripper is standing up very well at 11,200 km. No missing or broken tips!

What are you going to do for a clutch? Run that stock 6 tower, or your PB80?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I think the ripsaw II is a really good track with little to no lose of top end and better in loose snow conditions over stock. Ken, it does not matter what track you really go with since either way, it will be a big difference in traction, since you are coming off a shorty.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've run four Ice ripper/ice attack tracks with great results: Over 20K miles only lost One tip. Tracks held up great. Don't expect the same level of traction as conventional studs. Depending on track length and lug height; I rate the traction as 90% of comparable conventional studs. For most riding its a perfect setup.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,820 Posts
My favorite track I have owned is the ice attack 1.375, I got one coming for my 120" couldn't find one in the 137 so we went with the new ripsaw II ice track, we ran these on the cats last season in 128" and they were a nice track. I dont feel its quite as good as the ice attack but its all I could find so were giving it a shake on the viper.

·
1200 Trail King
2,187 Posts
1.6 cobra

Sent from home using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought the Ice Attak for my shorty... You guys that are mentioning the tunnel protectors... are they really required? I wasn't thinking of putting those on.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,843 Posts
I bought the Ice Attak for my shorty... You guys that are mentioning the tunnel protectors... are they really required? I wasn't thinking of putting those on.
YES

1 - 19 of 19 Posts