Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night i went and got my new Summit. i chose the new 05 Summit 800 in Blue and Yellow. it had exactly 0 miles on ir when i loaded it onto my truck. the first thing i did when i got home was add a 2" riser block and the screen kit to the vents. i tried to get a sock filter but they are on back order so that will have to wait. if you are wondering why i didnt ride it , it wasnt because of lack of snow there is about 3 feet outside, the temp was -35 so it was a little to cold to be on a ride. i am really excited to see how the 800 is going to run, i know it will be a big jump up from my 98 Summit X 670. thanks to those who replied to my other post. i hope every one gets out in the snow this weekend, i know i will

·
Registered
75 Posts
With that temp you sound like your here in Fairbanks. Congrates on the new sled, good choice I know you'll love it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Congrats on the new sled. That is the exact sled I have.

By the way, it was -31 yesterday morning when we unloaded and started our ride!!

Alaskan

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote name='Alaskan' date='Jan 20 2005, 11:24 AM']
Congrats on the new sled. That is the exact sled I have.

By the way, it was -31 yesterday morning when we unloaded and started our ride!!

Alaskan
[snapback]275879[/snapback]​
[/q
right on you'll love it then you'll want more i still have my 8 as well but cant beat power of my 1000

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
f0zzy2, yes i am at fairbanks, going riding at the white mnts on sat. and on a "test" ride tonight.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i got it at Compeau's. i just got back from a nice 20 mile ride too

·
Registered
205 Posts
racnooc said:
Yes i got it at Compeau's. i just got back from a nice 20 mile ride too

[snapback]276646[/snapback]​
What did they hit you up for on it if you don't mind me asking? What did you think of it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice job on the sled! I have an 03 Mxzx 800 with 1.75 and love it. I can't go as fast as you guys in the powder or climb as you guys do, but I actually do fine in the mountains. Weather man says it's supposed to warm up this weekend starting tomorrow.

North Pole here. I have a few of my buddies on here too, maybe one day we'll have to all hook up and head to Summit or Cantwell. I personally have a 27 Ft. enclosed trailer so I'm sure between all of us we'll make it. Let me know.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
akmike i sent you pm on the price for the Sled. i am up for riding about any time. my friends went to summit last weekend and they said the snow down at summit was wind blown and not good for riding. my next big trip is to Hatchers pass on the 4,5,and 6th of feb to attend avalanche training. after that i will be ready to ride anywhere if some one wants to put a Doo Talk Fairbanks ride together.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they told me they have one black 800 summit there. tanana has a black summit for 8500 as well. Compeaus also has a brand new Summit X 1000 there too.

·
Registered
536 Posts
racnooc, What kind of av. training are you attending? Is it for riders or are you a part of a search and rescue team? If it is for riders and open to the public, could you send me more details?

Thanks...Alaskan

·
Registered
419 Posts
darn you mountain guys...oh how I envy you!!! You guys have to worry about too much snow and avalanches...and I'm stuck here in NY with a friggin meesely 2 inches...hip hip hooray

·
Registered
75 Posts
LMAO Look on the bright side sickrev5 at least you dont have to spend $300 on an avalanche beacon or spend 30 min digging out your buddy on the arctic ca(lol). I will admit though, there's nothing like boondockin in 4 or 5 ft of the fresh stuff. My favorite has to be after climbing in to the high country and just turning around. Mother nature is just awsome in Alaska to look at.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The avalanche traing is sponserd by a nonprofit organization, the class i am going to is geared to snow machiners. i know it costs around $275 for the class and the web site is www.alaskaavalanche.com you can go there for some contact info. the club i am part of is sending myself and 3 other people down to attend training, so when we come back we can train club members and i can also incorparate some of the training into my lesson plan for when i train the base and squadron people. i am looking forward to and it should be a good time down there. does anyone know if it gets really cold down at hatchers pass, like -20 or -30 cold? and what is the snow like down there?

·
Registered
205 Posts
racnooc said:
akmike i sent you pm on the price for the Sled. i am up for riding about any time. my friends went to summit last weekend and they said the snow down at summit was wind blown and not good for riding. my next big trip is to Hatchers pass on the 4,5,and 6th of feb to attend avalanche training. after that i will be ready to ride anywhere if some one wants to put a Doo Talk Fairbanks ride together.
[snapback]276842[/snapback]​
Got it thanks. I am in North Pole also. Hope it keeps warming up lots of new snow out there. I also have a couple buddies on here to, we should go ride sometime.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ducster said:
I'm right off the pipeline. Let's roll.
[snapback]277534[/snapback]​
I can be in the flood control in about 3 minutes. I am off the NP side of Lawrence. Ever ride out to chatanika from np?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Long time Site Stalker, first time poster....
I got an Expedition 550 back in October and would love to find more folks to ride with. My best friend got a sweet M7, and promptly crashed it the next day, so I can't ride with him till it gets fixed.... I've only got 700 miles on the new sled, but need to find more folks to go with for longer rides
I live out on Chena Hot springs road just a mile from the pipeline. A trail from my cabin goes out to Gilmore Trail.
I'd be all for doing a Fairbanks Doo-Talk ride

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i am riding at chatanika to white mtns this weekend. a few weeks ago i rode from the flood plane to angel cr. , by chena hot springs. i would like to go on a np to Chatanika ride that would a fun trip i think. where does the gilmore trail go to? i am not familiar with it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts