Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks this is my first post here on this forum. I just ordered a Rengade Adrenaline with the 800 E-Tec at Nelsons Speed Shops Sno-Motion yesterday. Prior to odering the sled I picked up a case of oil thinking the E-Tec would run on XPS 2-Stroke Synthetic Oil. When I got home and looked through the Ski-Doo catalog it lists the XPS 2-Stroke Synthetic Blend for the E-Tec motors. Should I return the sythetic for the semi-synthetic?

I have not ridden in 10 yrs since I sold my 98 Yamaha SRX 700. Can't wait to see how things have progressed with these sleds. I'm pumped and can't wait for snow.

Also bought a 2010 left-over 7.5" x 22' inline Mission trailer. They are a new trailer company to the area. The price was right vs the more popular Legend or R&R brands. Any body own a Mission, how do they stack up against the others?

Glad to be back in the saddle this winter and look forward to many great memories!!!

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,554 Posts
Well folks this is my first post here on this forum. I just ordered a Rengade Adrenaline with the 800 E-Tec at Nelsons Speed Shops Sno-Motion yesterday. Prior to odering the sled I picked up a case of oil thinking the E-Tec would run on XPS 2-Stroke Synthetic Oil. When I got home and looked through the Ski-Doo catalog it lists the XPS 2-Stroke Synthetic Blend for the E-Tec motors. Should I return the sythetic for the semi-synthetic?

I have not ridden in 10 yrs since I sold my 98 Yamaha SRX 700. Can't wait to see how things have progressed with these sleds. I'm pumped and can't wait for snow.

Also bought a 2010 left-over 7.5" x 22' inline Mission trailer. They are a new trailer company to the area. The price was right vs the more popular Legend or R&R brands. Any body own a Mission, how do they stack up against the others?

Glad to be back in the saddle this winter and look forward to many great memories!!!
the 2011s are being shipped from the factory full of the syn ,and they claim the full syn is better for the 800 e tec motor .

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought a 2010.5 and at first they said it was okay to run semi but then when I picked it up they said they received an email from Ski Doo advising it had to be full synthetic

·
Registered
160 Posts
when you pick up your sled you should be getting a coupon for a discounted case of full syn oil .sept 1st the full is suppose to be 22% less than it was .get a refund for the difference as brp has refunded the dealers on pre orders .
I think the discount has begun. For Nelsons Sno-Motion, the flyer sent out in mid-August had the full synthetic advertised at a list price for 3 gallons was $140.69, with a show price of 110.38 for the 3 gallons. When I went Friday to buy the sale price was $90.00 for 3 gallons. The semi-synthetic was going for $79.25 for 3. So not a bad deal on the full synthetic. Also the new 391 belt for the 800 E-Tec was selling for a show price of $109.00.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the discount has begun. For Nelsons Sno-Motion, the flyer sent out in mid-August had the full synthetic advertised at a list price for 3 gallons was $140.69, with a show price of 110.38 for the 3 gallons. When I went Friday to buy the sale price was $90.00 for 3 gallons. The semi-synthetic was going for $79.25 for 3. So not a bad deal on the full synthetic. Also the new 391 belt for the 800 E-Tec was selling for a show price of $109.00.

I got in on the oil but they sold me the wrong belts. I picked up 2 and ran the numbers when I got home. I asked for 800 E-Tek belts and was sold the regular 800. I'll take them back when I go to pick up my Mission trailer this week and hopefully get the $109 price.

thanks

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Doo recommends full syn but they also say you can run both. Mine came full of semi from the dealer, prolly better for break in. I am not one to get caught up in all of the oil marketing hype. It's a lot of bullshizz... The dealer also told me that if I ever got in a pinch and had to use different oil that was fine but just to switch to syn next time...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
the 2011s are being shipped from the factory full of the syn ,and they claim the full syn is better for the 800 e tec motor .
Hmm... I wonder why the 2013's still have the decal on the oil bottle that states the use of semi-synthetic as being the recommended oil of BRP for these engines?

Thanks,
-John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts