Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a lot of headlight bulb threads but didn't see one for those getting sleds ready this summer and what's new/currently available in 2021.

What's the general consensus on the best headlight replacement bulb for Gen4?

I'd prefer to not have a fan if it isn't needed. Looking to have these ordered for when a SC renegade 850xrs arrives in a few months - hopefully arrives!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There's a lot of headlight bulb threads but didn't see one for those getting sleds ready this summer and what's new/currently available in 2021.

What's the general consensus on the best headlight replacement bulb for Gen4?

I'd prefer to not have a fan if it isn't needed. Looking to have these ordered for when a SC renegade 850xrs arrives in a few months - hopefully arrives!

Thanks!
This is what i ordered , gonna try these

s-l200.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sent an email and a private message to SII a week ago but I haven't gotten any response yet. I plan on buying another H13 set from them. Hopefully they're not belly up...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Here ya go. 34 pages of dootalk awesomenes for your enjoyment.

https://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/1547863-beamtech-led-headlights/

2 seasons on my beamtechs so far. Love them, No issues at all. Easy swap out, plug and play. I am sure there are other brands that are as good or better, but for the price and track record the Beamtechs have with skidoo owners, the beamtechs are hard to beat.

·
Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,536 Posts
BEAMTECH H13 LED Bulbs, 9008 G-XP Chips 110W 6500K High Power Xenon White Conversion Kits 360 Degree Lighting Plug N Play Halogen Replacement
I have a season on these and I'm very satisfied with them. The low beam is equivalent to the accessory Doo led. The high beam is bright and shines further down the trail than the stock headlight

·
Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,410 Posts
Sii filled my order a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
59 Posts
SSI got some $ from me this morning. This will be my 3rd sled with this setup with no issues so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I'll order some SII H13 Alpha's then since that seems to be the most popular here! Thanks everyone for the replies.. 5 year no questions asked warranty on their website so good enough for me..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ordered the Sii H13 Alpha 2021 for my spring check 2022 Renegade XRS 850 and received an immediate order confirmation by Sii on June 9th. Followed by shipment and tracking details on the same day. And today on June 10th a nice email from Shawn at Sii thanking me for the business and to let him know if ever need help.

Very pleased to support a Canadian organization with a great product! Thanks for the recommendation to those that suggested Sii's. And as well to those suggesting what they had good experiences with as well.

·
Registered
2022 Ski Doo Renegade XRS 900 TurboR
385 Posts
I've seen comparisons on the two and while the Sii look nice I haven't seen any evidence that they're any better than the Beamtechs. I normally don't cheap out on stuff but at almost twice the price it's hard for me to justify that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have the SII alphas and buddy has the Beamtechs.........side by side comparison, the alphas are a bit better on low beam forsure, high beam not much difference noticed. Beamtechs are half the price, and still far better than stock, can't go wrong with either!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sent an email and a private message to SII a week ago but I haven't gotten any response yet. I plan on buying another H13 set from them. Hopefully they're not belly up...
Yeah - had an issue with one bulb (new install) and sent eMail.

I got one response where they asked for pics or video - I was confused & have been eMailing / calling looking for clarification (pic of non-working bulb?) with no response.

They seem to have a good reputation here & I hope to get resolved at some point...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought the Beamtechs last summer for my spring ordered ‘21 MXZ-XRS, and they were great, and only 37 dollars..no brainer!

Also, I do have the Doo auxiliary High Beams (these are very powerful), and the Doo LED lights that mount under the headlights…and when these are on you can see like daytime lol. But those Doo accessory lights are outrageously expensive..but they look fabulous, and really light up the night. I love them both!

·
East Coast Tony Administrator
56,515 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the SII alphas and buddy has the Beamtechs.........side by side comparison, the alphas are a bit better on low beam forsure, high beam not much difference noticed. Beamtechs are half the price, and still far better than stock, can't go wrong with either!

Did he have these or the cheaper beamtechs?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts