Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery on my 2011 600Ace is dead. The sled hasn't been started in a long time (2 years). What replacement battery do I need to get my sled going? I'd like to pick up a new battery at Canadian Tire tomorrow, and can't read the battery specs on my current (original) battery.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Canadian Tire will be able to tell you when you get there, but it's going to be the same battery that started every other snowmobile since Jesus was a boondocker. YTX20.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,304 Posts
why don't you take the battery with you when you go to Canadian Tire

·
Registered
118 Posts
nothing by that name at CTC. Any other suggestions?
Yes. Go in and tell them what it's for. What I was trying to tell you is it uses the same battery as every other snowmobile out there pretty much. A Yuasa battery is the YTX20, CT will have their own equivalent but it will likely have 20 in the model. They will know by looking yours up at the counter which you need. My Renegade 800 and RT Viper both use the 20, and so does everything else. You'll need a trickle charger as well. A 1 amp trickle charger.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I have bought 3 Yuasa batteries for 2 sleds in the past 2 years. This year I bought one of these which carry a 1 year replacement, which Yuasa doesn't. So far so good.

.throttlexbatteries.com/Search/ByType/Snowmobile#make=SKI+DOO+BRP&model=Renegade+600cc,+2003-2015&engine=600

1 - 6 of 6 Posts