Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Okay so I hauled my motor to do some work and completly drained all fluids in resi,lines,engine and the bottle, it was green. Heading out tomorrow to get some new coolant probably already 50/50 mix was wondering what would be some good stuff to run/use and how much does a 04 600ho renegade x need? If temp matters about the coldest we get here is -25 to -30 celcius.

I've been told by most people that since it use to run green, I should also run green stuff again since i probably didnt get every little ounce of it since the engine wasnt actually stripped down, just taken out to clean/degrease and check oil pump and a few things.

·
Grand PuPa!
678 Posts
Okay so I hauled my motor to do some work and completly drained all fluids in resi,lines,engine and the bottle, it was green. Heading out tomorrow to get some new coolant probably already 50/50 mix was wondering what would be some good stuff to run/use and how much does a 04 600ho renegade x need? If temp matters about the coldest we get here is -25 to -30 celcius.

I've been told by most people that since it use to run green, I should also run green stuff again since i probably didnt get every little ounce of it since the engine wasnt actually stripped down, just taken out to clean/degrease and check oil pump and a few things.
I used Prestone 50/50 in my 06 summit 800 when I rebuilt it.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The green is fine. Its what they come with from the factory. Add some redline water wetter works great and is supposed to extend bearing life in water pumps.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky me today haha, went to canadian tire and there was a special on, 2 pack of prestone longlife already premixed antifreeze coolant for 28$ 2x3.8L. Im hoping thats going to be enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts