Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had a trip to tug hill planned for about a month but snow is thin there, we may decide to come to Michigan instead. Questions? What part of Michigan has snow right now? Best places to stay there? Any other tips?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would go to Canada, everybody and their brother is coming to Michigan right now from the Midwest as they are the only ones who have snow , Quebec or northern Ontario is awesome!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
X2 on Canada!
I was up in the UP 2 weeks ago and I have never seen that many sledders before.
But if you do decide to come this way....go on fishweb.com or Michigan Snowmobile Ass. websites to get trail conditions
and places to stay in various areas. The cost is $45 for a Michigan Trail Pass.
Any other questions give me a holler and I'll get you the info you need.

Crash

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't sure everyone in our group had passports so we booked two cabins in Grand Marais, MI. Olli's Town Home and The Eagle at Hilltop Cabins and Motel are the places we went with. Any idea if there is a place in Grand Marais to get trail passes? Also, a good map? Bests places to eat/drink?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wasn't sure everyone in our group had passports so we booked two cabins in Grand Marais, MI. Olli's Town Home and The Eagle at Hilltop Cabins and Motel are the places we went with. Any idea if there is a place in Grand Marais to get trail passes? Also, a good map? Bests places to eat/drink?
There will be plenty of places on your way up for trail permits. Grand Marais is nice little town and you picked a good location!! You should be fine for snow conditions and as well because GM is not big town, there are not a ton of options for food, although depending on which direction you head there are also some bar/food establishments in all directions. If you are in need of a map or two..... shoot me a P.M.

I will be to the east of you for the end of the week and if the storm brings some decent snow tonight and tomorrow, things should be just fine. So be safe on the trails and also safe travels heading over!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are coming up I-75, exit 251 4 Mile Road, there is a Marathon Station that sells them. Also a Arby's there. Fuel the truck, get permits and lunch in 10 minutes and back on the road. Easy off and on !! Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts