Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short is i need some exhaust valves for a 1200. Online parts says they are unavailable. Any of you guys have any or reccomend a place to get some new ones? Thanks

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool i should have asked bondi, just got off the phone with them. In going to try a ported head on my n/a 2016 1200 and see what we can get out of it. A couple guys tell me they resond pretty good to a ported head. I just dont have time for the maintence of a turbo

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Cool i should have asked bondi, just got off the phone with them. In going to try a ported head on my n/a 2016 1200 and see what we can get out of it. A couple guys tell me they resond pretty good to a ported head. I just dont have time for the maintence of a turbo
when bondi did my head he got the valves from the dealer. he said the same thing certain items dont show on the online parts fiches only took a couple days to get

G

·
Personally I don't think the gains from porting the head can be justified in $$. A rev limit increase and throttle body bore with muffler mods will net you more than the head.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Porting has significant gains if it's done right. I've used 10% more fuel at the same boost levels with a ported head vs non ported head. Also HeadGames has designed custom Ferrea valves specifically for 1200 heads.

G

·
Porting has significant gains if it's done right. I've used 10% more fuel at the same boost levels with a ported head vs non ported head. Also HeadGames has designed custom Ferrea valves specifically for 1200 heads.
He's talking naturally aspirated though.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Hmm i had 3 members on here tell me its a decent gain if im looking for it all from a n/a 1200. I dont have time to wrench on a turbo every time i ride it, too many kids lol
Oh and a bigger tb is in the works

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm just going from what HPIndy told me in person about the head porting.
James is one of the guys telling me to get it done lol. I think he knows i want every hp. I have my muffler mod done, waiting for my ecu to get back to me, header is on and ready, it wont be enough though lol. All the kids also limit me from spending $7000 on a motec too!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why do you need a valve?
Most likely if valve bent during high rev due to weak valve springs
Have friend that went thru that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts