Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of going up Sunday morning just curious to know where to drop off. I know Tug Hill is always slammed with people so I may drop off somewhere else. Also if anyone wants to ride let me know! I'll be flying solo it looks like so far!

·
Summer Sucks.
4,032 Posts
Would help if we knew what direction you are coming from? Many places to drop off but let us know where you are coming from to give you the best and closet to drop off.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Coming off the thruway from western NY
We always park at Smith Rd. Take the Rome exit off of 90 and catch 26 north. Run up thru west Leyden, and then go into West Turin. Turn left on James St and go about 3/4 of a mile up the hill, turn right on smith Rd. There is a small parking area that is normally full, but you can park along the west side of the road. There should be plenty of vehicles there.

Another option would be to run up 81 and get off at Sandy Creek and then go over towards Redfield and park on Little John Dr.

Try to stay up on top of the hill, snow is thin as soon as you drop off.

There are a lot of parking areas, check out the map on the link below, it lists parking.
http://www.nysnowmobilewebmap.com/webmap/

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Will there be anywhere ride tomorrow
Should be plenty of riding, just a matter of how rough the trails are. My suggestion would be to be unloaded by 8am, hit it for 4-5 hours and get out of there. Last weekend we were up there was a circus, and trails were beat to death.
If you can afford to go during the week, that would be the best.

Calling for the R word tomorrow and Monday, I would hold off till later in the week.

·
Summer Sucks.
4,032 Posts
Another good spot is the wart Rd parking area at winona forest. Big parking area and trail is right there. With the warmer weather the trails are getting get beat fast and not sure how many clubs will groom tonight. Osceola has already said they are done grooming till more snow and cold weather comes. Redfield was getting really thin on Thursday so not sure how much more they will groom. Southern part of the hill is gonna be shot also since they didn't have much snow to begin with.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Another good spot is the wart Rd parking area at winona forest. Big parking area and trail is right there. With the warmer weather the trails are getting get beat fast and not sure how many clubs will groom tonight. Osceola has already said they are done grooming till more snow and cold weather comes. Redfield was getting really thin on Thursday so not sure how much more they will groom. Southern part of the hill is gonna be shot also since they didn't have much snow to begin with.
I have been by there riding, but never dropped there yet. Next time up, may try that. It will save us 20-30 mins of drive time. Thanks for the info.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,590 Posts
No no wart is......... Great. Smooth today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
E-Tec Rules
33,590 Posts
first time there at wart road, lots of trucks and trailers there trails were great very smooth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts