Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Summit SP 800r didn't have an engine kill switch when I bought it. I bought a switch and Mount, but am trying to figure out where to connect the wires to. I have the wiring diagram but that doesn't help.

Thanks!

· Registered
286 Posts
That's where all that stuff connects. Handlebar style has nothing to do with it.
Maybe the previous owner relocated it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scratch that, on a second look I found what looks like the two factory connectors that don't go anywhere. They were buried under tape, etc. I am cross referencing with the part of the wiring diagram attached. We'll see how far I get with that.

Attachments

· Registered
696 Posts
Yup, those are the connectors that get strapped to the bars under the bar pad. That's one of the worse splice jobs I've ever seen and I've seen a bunch. lol

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, those are the connectors that get strapped to the bars under the bar pad. That's one of the worse splice jobs I've ever seen and I've seen a bunch. lol
I've bought a couple of boats and now this sled, and it seems like I am always cleaning up after someone's poor splice jobs...the worse is when they use duct tape or 120V twist-on connectors!

· Registered
4 Posts
No, it will turn over but no dash lights come on. My coil cable burnt about an inch off after the the plug connector to the spark plug not knowing what happened when my sled all of a sudden quit while idling, I tried to start it again. It ran for about 2 seconds on one cylinder then quit again. That’s when I tried again but my dash wouldn’t light up as usual and Thats when I noticed the burnt coil cable.

· Registered
1,808 Posts
Certainly odd. So was the dash OK prior to the spark cable burning out? Just trying to figure if these 2 things were related or not.

Does the display come on if you just pop the kill siwtch up and push the START switch for a moment? (With DESS in place of course...)

Check the 5 A fuse and its holder and the wires to the holder.

· Registered
4 Posts
Everything was working fine, the only strange thing was when it was warming up the dash reset twice, same thing as when you first start the sled but it was warming up and running for about 3-4 minutes already. I noticed the rpm’s drop below 1000 the second time it happened. I have a mechanic coming over to look at it but he want the Electrical diagram first so we could find the fuse box. One thing he did say was that the fuse above the battery on the right was supposed to be a 5 amp and there is a 25 amp there. Bought the sled second hand. I’ll let you know what the problem is when he figures it out. He’s a really good mechanic. What I think happened is the coil cable after being burnt arched to the engine and either blew a fuse or fried my ecm. Hoping it’s the fuse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts