Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I remember those from a few years back.
Man can you imagine!!! That would suck! I think that wins the 'worst stuck' award!
05SDI

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is to funny. Well how would u like to pay to get that out plus the local DNR charging you for polluting the water. Then remember that your insurance on your car is void the minute u drive it on to a frozen body of water. That was an expensive day. A lot of messed up trucks underwater. Never understood why people drive their truck and trailer combination onto a frozen lake. Guess they all got way more money then me!

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
How did they get them out ? big crane ? thats enough to make a grown man cry !

Rich

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
lol....hundreds and THOUSANDS of pounds, in a 100 by 30 area, i'm sure something like that had to happen, no matter how thick the ice was..."an expensiveday" YOUR TELLING ME! lol...I guess they learned ther elesson...yeah i I owuld love to see the aftermath pictures of them trying to get the rigs out...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
is that on houton lake in michigan?

·
Registered
648 Posts
This was in Minnesota about 3 years ago at a weekend winter fest/ drag races. Doo2

·
Advanced......dat's how ah roll.
1,950 Posts
I think the story was they didn't realize they were on the ice. I guess the field/parking area was pretty flat and it was tough to tell where the land ended and the ice began. Just what I heard.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
cArNaGe said:
Insurance won't pay in that situation either correct?
[snapback]273332[/snapback]​
From what I can see, a PA auto policy does NOT have any type of exclusion for a loss occurring on a frozen body of water. So, I would say there IS insurance coverage under the PA auto policies.
Just an FYI.

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
It was On Detroit Lakes in MN. They had ice drags on Saturday and ovals or lamanse on Sunday. Been there several times. Didn't make it that year...thank God. They knew they were on the ice, it's the only place with enough room to park. Anybody who didn't know they were on the lake had to be an idiot seens how you use the boat ramp to get on the ice. If memory serves it took several weeks to get them all out, even though they were just barely off shore.

Is that the year Yamaha came out with the RX-1 ton.

You might have something there!!

BS

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
that was a wsa pro-ice event in Detroit lakes , Minn . there was between 10 and 14 inches of ice from what i remember . they had a couple HUGE backhoes brought in to pull the stuff out . olah racing had 1 of the vehicles drop in and went to a community college to get stuff dries out and ended up racing the following day . needless to say he changed to slo-cross the next season with arctic cat . oh yea there was a guy sleeping in one of those vehicles when it went down , he was ok just cold and wet .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts