Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone show me a picture of where the temp sensor is on 2008 800r ptek ? I'm getting the four beeps even when cold at start up , making sure it's plugged in or I didn't switch plugs with the Dpm or something dumb - just rebuilt engine so might have hooked up wrong but not sure where it is lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it on back of head - before I pull of stuff to get at it , is there really a plug that is the same for the DPM ? I read on here that someone had them switched and that's what made the temp light come on even when cold and 4 beeps every couple min

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't have any pictures for you, but there is a coolant temp sensor on the cylinder head - on the rear and just above the mag side carb. There's also an air temp sensor - this is located on the intake tube that connects to the airbox just above the belt/secondary clutch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok the two plugs were backwards . It works now . Out of all the different plugs on machine I wonder who decided to put the only two that will fit into each other right next to each other ? Lol just happy it works and didn't have to pay dealer 100 bucks to switch plugs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts