Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e had my 21 outlander for a year now. I never once thought to try another key to see if it鈥檚 functional or not, but maybe I better..

The sled and quad are parked right next to one another.. you would think I would have thought about it before now 馃槀
Well, finally tried it. My 21 outlander has a working dess post.

SkiDoo Guru
Silence on Seadoo parts also .Poor dealers only getting pd peanuts to prep missing parts on new units .also Please be kind to them .The Fall season also looks to be an even bigger mess for dealers !

boost junkie
you can put the new one in your sled and it will still srart with a magnet.
the dess must be turned on using buds...so it could be turned on later if you want it to work

Registered
ALL 2015 - 2022 SKIDOO MODELS WITH RF DESS KEY
I'd guess most people don't carry a spare DESS cord. I carried a few magnets last season for my 22. I'll pass on the DESS when they offer it.
Spare DESS keys are cheap and easy to get, all it takes is losing a key to ruin a weekend riding trip.

I might be a little biased, but I highly recommend having one in your recovery kit, truck/trailer, or backpack/jacket pocket. Maybe even one in each of those places :p

Registered
I am curious what an insurance company would have to say in the event of a sled theft when they get the police report? When the police ask about the keys. You first tell them that DOO's don't use a key they use a digital high tech security tether. But, oh yeh. they have been installing fake ones for the past 2 years so anyone with a fridge magnet and a thumb can steal my $20K+ machine. LOL

Registered
2022 Rene-X 900T-R
I am curious what an insurance company would have to say in the event of a sled theft when they get the police report? When the police ask about the keys. You first tell them that DOO's don't use a key they use a digital high tech security tether. But, oh yeh. they have been installing fake ones for the past 2 years so anyone with a fridge magnet and a thumb can steal my $20K+ machine. LOL
I鈥檓 guessing Doo would ask why you didn鈥檛 use your free post lock to help deter the theft.
Just because you have or don鈥檛 have a functioning dess, doesn鈥檛 change the fact your sled can still be stolen pretty easily by a few guys and a truck鈥.most that are stolen are parted out anyways.

Registered
Around here, full insurance coverage for theft if you leave you keys in the vehicle鈥..even with it running.

Registered
Odd, no issues here getting one鈥.but it seemed as though dealers were hanging onto stock for their clients vs walk ins.
I was a client when I picked up my 2022 Enduro in mid March.After my season was over. Maybe they were all in Canada.Hopefully when I get my air shock whenever that is,a real post will be waiting......

Registered
2022 Rene-X 900T-R
I was a client when I picked up my 2022 Enduro in mid March.After my season was over. Maybe they were all in Canada.Hopefully when I get my air shock whenever that is,a real post will be waiting......
I鈥檇 expect that if I picked up my new 2022 sled in March 2022, it would already have the post lock on it when I picked up the sled since the locking posts arrived at dealers the month before鈥.

E-Tec Rules
I鈥檇 expect that if I picked up my new 2022 sled in March 2022, it would already have the post lock on it when I picked up the sled since the locking posts arrived at dealers the month before鈥.
It was limited number of locks they had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 48 Posts