Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have and 2005 ski doo summit 800 144. i cant get my sled to wheelie off of a stand still, should i adjust my limiter strap? or gearing? anything ? help please. i thing my limiter strap is stock

·
Profile Creeper
14,942 Posts
oh boy......this will end well..

here's your answer. loosen your limiter strap.

and get monster stickers....sorry i couldnt resist

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
maybe they should make monster tape for when the rails go thru the track windows...wheelies while fun,defeat almost all the purpose to your summit,almost every bit of energy (horsepower) you use to lift your skis up is taken away from its ability to move forward...so wheelies make you take off slower and dig bigger holes to get stuck in...Hardy...and agree,loosening your limiter strap,tighten your front suspension shock and soften your rear skid shock...and it will wheelie...and oh yea

MONSTER stickers

·
Registered
345 Posts
gearing and clutching will help but its mostly your suspension setup that makes you wheelie.

BTW, wheelie threads on dootalk have a bad reputation ( some will say that you'l need more PAH ! ) ,and monster stickers(5hp each), you get the point.

AND WELCOME TO DOOTALK !!

·
Registered
66 Posts
And DO NOT take the limiter straps off - some rockhead I know took his off and did vertical wheelies all over the place.... Until he ruined his track & undercarriage

... And YES, he has Monster stickers on his sled...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Limiter to the loosest, max suspention all the way around including the torsions, and barry the throttle. Then you got your self a wheelie! Snow conditions make a big diff too. Just sayin.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Limiter to the loosest, max suspention all the way around including the torsions, and barry the throttle. Then you got your self a wheelie! Snow conditions make a big diff too. Just sayin.
YA!! You can pull some Knarly wheelies in the "Hard" spring snow!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I bolt a 100lb chunk of lead on a piece of pipe aprox 3 to 3 1/2 feet long secured really good to the back bumper.

(Note) make sure to mount pipe on a 45 degree angle, this will allow it to act as a wheeeeeelie bar so you dont go over backwards.

I also have a good pipe and loud can which gives me tons more hp.

I actually took the back of a bar stool and mounted it on the top of the chunk of lead, and put it on a swivel so when i am trail riding i fold it up and use as back rest. when i hit the parking lots and in towns where there are lots of people watching i fold it back down, takes 30 seconds.

with this set up i can keep my stock trail suspension set up, and dont sacrifice a bad handling sled on trails.

Welcome to doo talk :popcorn:

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
Ok, I can't help myself. Get one of these ladies to jump on the back of your sled and that should do the trick! Face Smile Shoulder Muscle Vertebrate

But in all honesty, for your sled to climb the best, you don't want it to wheelie. I know I know...it does look pretty cool though

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
thats alot of junk to be sitting on the trunk.

Can you find me three more I have 6 sleds right now, we could have a family wheelie party. wait my wife doesn't like doing wheelies so much, only two more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well thanks for all the help, i dont plan on messing with my shocks or mess with my limiter strap..i had doubts in the first place about. i ride in the mountains and deep snow so keepin it teh same!...some of the people i ride with have there limiter straps set up to trench in deep snow..its like they like being buried haha. Well thanks again and no monster stickers here..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts