Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Fire Box
20,485 Posts
Doesn't anyone head north anymore? Beautiful riding in the middle lower mi, and in the UP. We even got a little decent riding in down in southwest lower mi.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Dropped mine off yesterday to get summarized and prepped for next season. 2800 miles requires brakes, air compressor, carbides, and fuel level sensor as mine is way out of whack.

Heading south towards the sun next week so Im done and the walleye will be in the river very soon which is very exciting to me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
35 years ago i went grand marias mi. on christmas day bare ground, next day it started to snow and 5 days later had over 3 feet, back then that was on heard of, winters run in cycle's.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It was a crappy year.

Our first run out on trails was Jan 15th. We played around in a fields and stuff but there was no base to do much more than that.

I bought a new sled on clearance 3 weeks ago and put 954km's on it, barely broke it in! We had 2 weekend trips but nothing much more than that. I brought it in to get summerized and break in maintenance done to it already... feels like we just got started and it's over already! :(

If I do get one more ride out, I'll be taking my older 02 mxz 700 sled.

I sure hope next year will be different.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Got all of 350 miles this year. Had to drive 6 hours to snow. Zero miles of ditch banging. My kids put on more miles doing circles in the back yard than I this year. Happy for them regardless.

IMG_9633_zpsmacxfxx1.jpg

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Most years after a El Nino there's a little thing called LA Nina and we generally have harsher winters in the Midwest, once a week thru out this summer and fall everybody needs to do a 60sec snow dance, if everyone does that religiously, we will all have snow butthole deep to a really tall Indian.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A winter experience new to anyone i talk to from around my place. All sledding events were crammed into the few months of snow with rain. Usually i do almost no sledding in feburary cus it is -30c. This year we had warmest feburary on record. My sled is put away now till next december or january. I used to ride october till april. Now 2 months of hit or miss. I cant see myself upgrading with winter seemingly dissapearing.

·
old ski-dool
3,313 Posts
It is what it is........
Some years will be good.
Some bad....
Can't control it, so there's no use in bellyaching.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If every winter produced epic snow, Everyone would have sleds, trails would be packed and prices would look like half ton pickups..

I think ill take a couple of these winters to keep the weekenders out of the market..

2 trips out west and one up north planned for next year already.. so now we wait!

Bring on them early spring deals!

Reactions: tdelam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup it is what it is, and its all part of this sport some years are good while others not so much, so I put the sleds away with 300 miles on the new trygstad motor in the 2009 rebuilt xp, and my new 2016 XRS is still in break in mode at 350 miles.... oh well they will both be in still like new condition for next Year as of now..... its almost time to open the pool and drink beers.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I'm not totally putting mine away yet, I can recall back in the early 70's we got hammered in the first week of April, I mean hammered with snow here in Michigan. I don't want to see those amounts mind you. But about 1/3 of that storm would be sweet right about now,,,, ah what am I thinking,that'll never happen.... But then again,,,,,,,,,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts