Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend from AZ came and visited me this weekend and rode 175 miles and it was the first time he ever saw a snowmobile in real life. Anyone know of anyone that has accomplished a similar feat?

·
Bring it on!!
3,138 Posts
My son rode 12 miles at age 4. Quite a ways considering their little thumb is an inch long at that age! Prior to that he was riding around the yard, but without an odometer to measure.

·
FAQ man
3,848 Posts
My first time on a snowmobile trail, back in the mid 1970's I rode 28 miles.

That was long way on a 1973 Sno-Jet 338 Star Jet!

It took all day.

Jerry C.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Travis M said:
A friend from AZ came and visited me this weekend and rode 175 miles and it was the first time he ever saw a snowmobile in real life. Anyone know of anyone that has accomplished a similar feat?
[snapback]750607[/snapback]​
did he have any close calls? What was he riding?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MTM said:
Travis M said:
[snapback]750607[/snapback]​
did he have any close calls? What was he riding?
[snapback]751099[/snapback]​
He was riding a rental Ski Doo REV 600 something or other. I beleive it said GSX on the side?

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
one time a few years ago 2 of us rode 360 miles in one day... I woke up the next morning with my arms and legs prone in the seated riding position. THe muscles froze that way....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
zdooman said:
one time a few years ago 2 of us rode 360 miles in one day... I woke up the next morning with my arms and legs prone in the seated riding position. THe muscles froze that way....
[snapback]751184[/snapback]​
but i dont think that was your first time ever riding. just a guess though. thats a lot of miles in one day though, very respectable.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
first time riding?..... hmmm.. the year was...

Ok - never mind....

I seem to recall it was like 70-80 miles... in the Munising area.

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
Took my 12 yr old nephew for his first ride on his "new" 01 mxz 500 a couple of weeks ago and rode 180 miles (wrong turn and about 50-60 more than planned)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
about 8 years ago, a friend of mine borrowed a sled from another friend, we put on 216 miles in 1 day, it was his first trail ride on a snowmobile, prior to this, his only experience on a sled was short jaunts across the lake while we were ice fishing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts