Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled been at the dealers for 3 days now,it has fowled on them several times,they do what BRP tells them to do,synthetic blend oil,TPS check,oil pump check and what ever they are told.So I got the call yesterday,it's fixed come get it.I arrive,start it,and I knew right away that the problem was still there,it started on second attempt,I let it warm up for 3 mins. because I'm told not to load them up while idling,Idrive it over to the loading ramp and the rpm's drop enough to stop the sled ,so I let it idle and it chugs at 1000rpm,then stalls out. It is still at the shop. My other question is what's the coldest any one has started the mach 05,it was -33C when I attempted the start,-23F

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
squish band said:
My sled been at the dealers for 3 days now,it has fowled on them several times,they do what BRP tells them to do,synthetic blend oil,TPS check,oil pump check and what ever they are told.So I got the call yesterday,it's fixed come get it.I arrive,start it,and I knew right away that the problem was still there,it started on second attempt,I let it warm up for 3 mins. because I'm told not to load them up while idling,Idrive it over to the loading ramp and the rpm's drop enough to stop the sled ,so I let it idle and it chugs at 1000rpm,then stalls out. It is still at the shop. My other question is what's the coldest any one has started the mach 05,it was -33C when I attempted the start,-23F
[snapback]268997[/snapback]​
When you say started on second attempt is that 2 pulls? or e-start? Do you first pull or hit e-start button with killswitch OFF, then pull or hit start button with killswitch on?

Evel

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer told me,hit the start button once,this will pressurize the fuel line but will not inject fuel into engine,,wait couple sec. then hit starter to start it.I did that on first attempt,and it fired but stopped right away,second attempt had to hold throttle to the bar then release and it fired up and idled at 2000rpm

·
Registered
803 Posts
The lastest news is im on my 18th set. A dealer told me BRP told him that it sounded like they may have something soon. They wouldnt tell him details though.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BRP's response has been totally unacceptable. I'm giving them until friday. If no fix, I plan to switch brands for next year. What bothers me more than lack of a fix is lack of communication with dealers. There are some small dealers that don't even know about the problems. Mine looks like the fouling is gone but the cutting out at low rpm cruising is still there. Too many little issues outstanding. Combined with BRP's arrogant attitude I.m torqued out of the frame. Studdog.

·
Registered
90 Posts
brought mine to dealer after fouling 4 plugs. they adjusted oil pump cable and TPS to 5.0 and put 16 gram wts in primary.oil consumption is now were it's supposed to be,approx 500 miles to a tank. i've run over 250 miles with dozens of starts and every combination,ie; hot,cold(-15F),pull starts,push starter and wait,just push starter until it starts, you name it and i haven't fouled one yet, knock on wood. i know you guys have had your dealer pretty much doo exactly the same things so i'm at a loss???

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lost another this weekend. Right out of a heated garage. #5 for me in 350 miles. What do you use to clean fouled plugs??

·
Registered
90 Posts
skmon said:
Lost another this weekend. Right out of a heated garage. #5 for me in 350 miles. What do you use to clean fouled plugs??
[snapback]269462[/snapback]​
the garbage can, but don't, dealer will replace them. good luck

·
Auto Tech
1,095 Posts
The mach Z will come out of it. Skidoo said from 200-250 miles the sled will not fowl plugs any more. They run they rich for the first couple miles so they break in properly. Later.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Putfirst miles on this weekend in Munising. GREAT SLED!!!!. No fouled plugs until about 230 miles, then three sets today. Doo2

·
Registered
345 Posts
I tried starting mine today -31 wouldn't start and now the ems light is blinking, does anyone have an idea what it could be, it kind of sucks because the sled is in my backyard and I don't know how I;m going to get it loadedup if I have to. I've got 800 miles

·
Registered
436 Posts
fouled my first plug yesterday upon startup mag side than ran great the rest of the day,hope this isnt going to keep happening

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A freind of mine was out with his Mach,in very cold weather and his ems light came on too ,dealer told him to run low test gas in cold weather,but his sled is at the dealers too.His has not fouled a plug yet but he has low miles on it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
1200 miles. fouled 5 plugs. pto side every time. all the miles put on last mon-fri. fouled one once a day. 4 of them were the first start of the day and then fine the rest of the day. 1 day fired up in morning rode until at lunch it sat maybe a hour and a half and then fouled.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When the dealer was warming the sled for my test drive it fouled a plug. They replaced both and I went for a mile or so in the field beside the dealership. I loaded it up and brought it home.... My first ride was a long one used a couple tanks rode almost 200 miles was kinda anxious to break it in so I could open it up...The next ride finished the "recomended breakin " as I had 10 hrs and over 350 miles on it without fouling a plug .... It continues to be fine for 500 miles of awsome ripping
I let the sled warm up ideling for 5 min even coming out of a heated shop and have yet to foul a plug..... I did go on a long first couple rides to finish the breaking in period quickly perhaps that contributed to my good fortune?? Ya gotta love the new mach

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mine had all the "fixes" done last week, ate a plug when I fired it up to load it too. Put a set of BR9EYA's in it and started it twice and let it idle for 10-15 minutes until the temp gauge came up to 1/4, not so much as a hiccup, ran great. EYA's are alot cheaper too. Will try it on the trail this weekend. Just something to try for you guys until they get a new fuel map out. They suggested this last year on the 600SDI's when they were doing the same thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I brought mine in for service this morning and the dealer had just received a service bulletin for the plug fouling issue.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have had both our machs foul plugs on start up. this weekend i tryed holding the rpms over 2000 until it would do it on its own. 380 miles on not so favorable vt trails and not one fouled plug. try it - maybe i just got lucky this weekend

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got off the phone with the dealer and they said it did foul out a plug when I tried to take it home the last time and they are now pulling the fuel injectors and doing a test on them,measuring the amout of fuel release into a burret.Stay tuned

1 - 20 of 28 Posts