Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Need some help on whats involved with swapping rer on 2002 mxz800 adrenalin to non rer 2002 mxz800x I've been told it can be done. Any 1st hand info on tools needed and the DOOS and DOO NOTS much appreciated.

·
Registered
40,163 Posts
i looked at a 2003 mxz 600 ho and it didnt have rer the dealer here in ontario said the sled had to be built with it and couldnt be added on ..only a manual reverse kit could be installed

·
Registered
591 Posts
o sorry i miss read i thought you said you wanted to take the RER off

·
Registered
557 Posts
Adding RER, from my understanding, is gonna cost you over $1500. You need an engine designed for RER, new MPEM, and some other ignition parts. Better to add the mechanical reverse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Powassan said:
Adding RER, from my understanding, is gonna cost you over $1500. You need an engine designed for RER, new MPEM, and some other ignition parts. Better to add the mechanical reverse.
[snapback]267738[/snapback]​
The clutch is different also, this is what makes it pricey. I believe the puter can be reprogramed

·
Registered
2 Posts
you wil need a new mpem, triger coils, magneto, reverse switch and driven clutch. it is costly but it could be done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
RZKID said:
Need some help on whats involved with swapping rer on 2002 mxz800 adrenalin to non rer 2002 mxz800x I've been told it can be done. Any 1st hand info on tools needed and the DOOS and DOO NOTS much appreciated.

[snapback]264304[/snapback]​
I believe the manual kit is about $500 with alot less involved adds approx. 4 lbs of weight.... about the same as a super size Big Mac meal

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for all the info I should have explained what I was doing. Friend has wrecked sled. I want to swap my parts non rer for his mine is x model his is adrenelin. I was told it can be done mpem box, fly wheel ~ mag,+ 2 pick ups , there is a top and botton on the pick ups + BUTTON SWITCH OF COURSE was also told I have same secondery on my x so I checked w dealer for part # they only had 1 part# listed? IF ANY ONE KNOWS FOR SURE ABOUT CLUTCH LET ME KNOW. Thanks everyone for 2cnts
in my quest to go backwards!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
HEY NEW TO THE SITE JUST BOUGHT A 02 MXZX 800 WITH THE RER AND LOVE IT WENT FROM A 97 MXZ 670 WITCH WAS A VERY NICE SLED BUT I CAN'T BELIVE HOW NICE THIS MXZX RIDES JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS THE HORSEPOWER AND WIEGHT OF THIS SLED THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
HEY NEW TO THE SITE JUST BOUGHT A 02 MXZX 800 WITH THE RER AND LOVE IT WENT FROM A 97 MXZ 670 WITCH WAS A VERY NICE SLED BUT I CAN'T BELIVE HOW NICE THIS MXZX RIDES JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS THE HORSEPOWER AND WIEGHT OF THIS SLED THANKS
I have the spring order 2002 mxz 800 x package 474 lb. 138 hp.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Thanks for all the info I should have explained what I was doing. Friend has wrecked sled. I want to swap my parts non rer for his mine is x model his is adrenelin. I was told it can be done mpem box, fly wheel ~ mag,+ 2 pick ups , there is a top and botton on the pick ups + BUTTON SWITCH OF COURSE was also told I have same secondery on my x so I checked w dealer for part # they only had 1 part# listed? IF ANY ONE KNOWS FOR SURE ABOUT CLUTCH LET ME KNOW. Thanks everyone for 2cnts
in my quest to go backwards!!!
The clutch on 02 800's are the same as RER!
You should be able to just take the parts off one and bolt on to the other and have RER. The only thing you may have to do is thread the other set of mounting holes for the other ignition pickup. When I did mine the holes are in the casting for both sets of pickups but only the holes being used are threaded I had to thread the other two.(no big deal) You will not have to change the stator since they both use the same one anyway! Just get the switch, beeper, MPEM flywheel and pickups and you should be set!
One thing you may need to check is if you have new slides on the sled you need to grind an angle on the rear-bottom of the slide so they don't catch on the track when you back up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
just got to take the new 02 mxz800x that i just bought for a nice trip up north that would be st.helen michigan what a nice riding sled it handles great and is very impressive to ride

·
Registered
4 Posts
i got to agree on the gas mileage thing it sucks the gas but it sure is fun thanks for the tips on the site

1 - 16 of 16 Posts