Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
i got a 08 gade 800 x for 5900 with 2800 miles on it. the sled you speek of is one year newer and its an etec, but its a 600, 7500 seems way high..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found another all stock yellow 600 etec 5200miles for $6500can. Inculeds cover, modular helemt, jacket and cover.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just picked up a 09 renegade 800r "X" package with 5000 miles. Sled looks like new, not even one scratch. Paid $6200 at a dealer not private party. So yes $7500 is a little high.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I found a blk 09 600 etec with 3300 miles 1.75 track they asking $7500

Is it worth it
For a gade 600etec its in the ballpark from what I've seen out there. You have to remember its the etec, not an 800carb motor. I'd look at left overs though, with rebates you may be able to grab a deal on a new one with warranty

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Just bought an 09 600 ETEC renegade in Manitoba with 1200 miles. Knew the original owner bought at dealer paid 7900. that seems to be the going rate in mb, sk, and ont. I figured in the price of RIV and fuel and time to go south but it didn't make much diff. I got a local 1 owner sled with warranty without a 14 hour drive. Ya, I paid a premium, price, but this sled is like new and was always on trails. It has never spent a night outside, and shows it. Driven by a 55 year old lady since new. It's in for a harder life now I think. LOL

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
For a price in Canada it is not too bad. While the 600's should be built proof, I have been warned by knowledgable people to be wary of high milage etec as the price of a new injector is in the range of a engine overhaul.
Buying from the States can work out OK if the sled is close, you get a good deal and you are not concerned about crossing back in to the states for warranty work. Too bad the loonie just took a dive.
Finally don't forget to add on the RIV fee and HST (correction PST and RST, no GST on used sled or autos in private sales, just another 5%RST going to the provincal government, thanks Mcginty) is a given in Ontario no matter who or where you buy from

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking into buying my first new snowmobile this year and have been looking around at local retailers for the best deals and the latest one I have found was a 2011 renegade adrenaline 600 etec for $8695.00. And he told me that price is with the ski doo rebate. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone else because it's the lowest offer I have seen so far and I could possible get it down another couple hundred if he's willing to budge.

Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey guys I'm looking into buying my first new snowmobile this year and have been looking around at local retailers for the best deals and the latest one I have found was a 2011 renegade adrenaline 600 etec for $8695.00. And he told me that price is with the ski doo rebate. Does this sound like a good deal to anyone else because it's the lowest offer I have seen so far and I could possible get it down another couple hundred if he's willing to budge.

Thanks.
jump on it right away...it won't last at that price

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ask if you can put a deposit on it now with payment-in-full by Dec. 1st. Doesn't hurt to ask. Depending on where you are located the sled might or might not be there when you are ready. It also depends if that dealer is contacted by another dealer who has a buyer looking for that sled and is willing to work a deal to get rid of it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ask if you can put a deposit on it now with payment-in-full by Dec. 1st. Doesn't hurt to ask. Depending on where you are located the sled might or might not be there when you are ready. It also depends if that dealer is contacted by another dealer who has a buyer looking for that sled and is willing to work a deal to get rid of it.
Thanks for the suggestion just sent him an email asking about a deposit.

Edit: So I just got an email back from him and he is willing to let me put money down to have him hold it for me. He also told me that the rebate "goes down" in November so the sled would be $200 more ($8900) then but that still seems like a great deal for that sled.

·
Registered
766 Posts

Edit: So I just got an email back from him and he is willing to let me put money down to have him hold it for me. He also told me that the rebate "goes down" in November so the sled would be $200 more ($8900) then but that still seems like a great deal for that sled.
I'm sure you would already do this, but I'd get the details in writing when the deposit is made. It'd be a bummer to have set-up fee's, or whatever, suddenly appear when the final payment was being made. Good luck on the new sled!

·
Registered
656 Posts

that's not always the case about the rebates, especially with holdovers...like kdawg said, get a signed agreement of sale before handing over that deposit

1 - 20 of 23 Posts