Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still researching fellas....so bear with me.
thanx to all that responded to my posts regarding graphite sliders and c7 sliders in place of OEM sc4 sliders. still trying to make my decision as to if i should switch to new sliders on my 05 800x with only 150 miles on original ones that appear half worn. plan on putting about 400 miles on while in canada next week. i guess my question is....how many miles have you guys gotten out of your original sliders on 05 sc4 sleds and what conditions were you riding on??? i figure in canada with early morning riding and high speeds the snow may be crusty/powdery and i'm going to take that into consideration when i make my decision. thanx to all again .....figure we're all here to help eachother out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys....a little help please!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I have about 350 on mine and havent changed them yet and problably would be good through my next trip but i will change them befor i go and i will also change the bogie wheel placement too.
 

·
MTM follower
Joined
·
2,592 Posts
I got 500 out of mine. The slider wasn't worn bad just the corner of it shaved real bad.
I also moved my idlers so they are not offset. Only time will tell if it helped. And so more snow cause mine is gone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I got 675 miles on first set . I rode some logging roads with very little snow and that really wore them down . I noticed they get hot very quickly in situations were snow is not very good . I put some white hyfax off older Ski-Doo and have 530 miles on with no signs of wear. The snow conditions have also been better too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,113 Posts
I am not suse if there is an SC-4 hyfax problem or not... (save that for later)

But at 20$ a set and seeing as how easy they are to replace, why worry about it while there is snow on the ground... ???

BTW - every time we have a minimal snow year, guys complain about hyfax wear... get it?, no snow means MUCH wear! and you need fresh or loose, riding on hard pack or ice is the same as a dry road! (and we rode on a few dry roads this year too!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
MXZ 800 X said:
still researching fellas....so bear with me.
thanx to all that responded to my posts regarding graphite sliders and c7 sliders in place of OEM sc4 sliders. still trying to make my decision as to if i should switch to new sliders on my 05 800x with only 150 miles on original ones that appear half worn. plan on putting about 400 miles on while in canada next week. i guess my question is....how many miles have you guys gotten out of your original sliders on 05 sc4 sleds and what conditions were you riding on??? i figure in canada with early morning riding and high speeds the snow may be crusty/powdery and i'm going to take that into consideration when i make my decision. thanx to all again .....figure we're all here to help eachother out!

[snapback]299958[/snapback]​
I have close to 1,000 miles on my 800X, the slides are a little thin under the wheel but look like I can get a few more miles out of them. Unfortunately, the sled has so much ski pressure, I can hardly corner it in the tight and twisty's. Any help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
745 Posts
According to a release from BRP the sliders will wear to a point then stop, in most cases no need to replace. Leave them for now but order replacements to have on hand, they have a history of going on back order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I have 400 miles on mine, and the sliders are worn, but not dangerously bad. I would not be afraid to go another 400 if the snow was good. Like brp said, they did kinda stop wearing after about 200 mi. The tail end of them look worn, but if I peek through the track window, theres still plenty of material. Im gonna go out on a limb and say youll be OK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
WildWill 11R said:
I have 400 miles on mine, and the sliders are worn, but not dangerously bad. I would not be afraid to go another 400 if the snow was good. Like brp said, they did kinda stop wearing after about 200 mi. The tail end of them look worn, but if I peek through the track window, theres still plenty of material. Im gonna go out on a limb and say youll be OK.

[snapback]300450[/snapback]​
I just put on my first hundred miles and they look wore down near the bogey down to the wear mark.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
412 Posts
ViperER said:
I am not suse if there is an SC-4 hyfax problem or not... (save that for later)

But at 20$ a set and seeing as how easy they are to replace, why worry about it while there is snow on the ground... ???

BTW - every time we have a minimal snow year, guys complain about hyfax wear... get it?, no snow means MUCH wear! and you need fresh or loose, riding on hard pack or ice is the same as a dry road! (and we rode on a few dry roads this year too!)
[snapback]300374[/snapback]​
will everybody stop with the low snow must be the cause sh&%! If this were true everyone would be complaining not just guys with sc-4! And again with the guys who can't read SC-4 owners only!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chynax said:
ViperER said:
I am not suse if there is an SC-4 hyfax problem or not... (save that for later)

But at 20$ a set and seeing as how easy they are to replace, why worry about it while there is snow on the ground... ???

BTW - every time we have a minimal snow year, guys complain about hyfax wear... get it?, no snow means MUCH wear! and you need fresh or loose, riding on hard pack or ice is the same as a dry road! (and we rode on a few dry roads this year too!)
[snapback]300374[/snapback]​
will everybody stop with the low snow must be the cause sh&%! If this were true everyone would be complaining not just guys with sc-4! And again with the guys who can't read SC-4 owners only!
[snapback]300632[/snapback]​
thank you!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
1784 Miles on original sliders, about 20% left. very good snow conditions, and I will put new on when they arrive off of B/O just to be on the safe side!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
ViperER said:
I am not suse if there is an SC-4 hyfax problem or not... (save that for later)

But at 20$ a set and seeing as how easy they are to replace, why worry about it while there is snow on the ground... ???

BTW - every time we have a minimal snow year, guys complain about hyfax wear... get it?, no snow means MUCH wear! and you need fresh or loose, riding on hard pack or ice is the same as a dry road! (and we rode on a few dry roads this year too!)
[snapback]300374[/snapback]​
You got this one wrong I have to say because the 150 miles I put on my sled, iwas riding with a buddy who has a SC3 and guess what his slides look great. Mine are wore extremely bad affraid to ride very far with them now. Not sure if I would take it any were knowing I was going to put on maybe 300 miles. I feel I would have to change them before doing that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
MXZ 800 X said:
still researching fellas....so bear with me.
thanx to all that responded to my posts regarding graphite sliders and c7 sliders in place of OEM sc4 sliders. still trying to make my decision as to if i should switch to new sliders on my 05 800x with only 150 miles on original ones that appear half worn. plan on putting about 400 miles on while in canada next week. i guess my question is....how many miles have you guys gotten out of your original sliders on 05 sc4 sleds and what conditions were you riding on??? i figure in canada with early morning riding and high speeds the snow may be crusty/powdery and i'm going to take that into consideration when i make my decision. thanx to all again .....figure we're all here to help eachother out!

[snapback]299958[/snapback]​
600 on mine and changed them. 95% of my riding has been in great snow conditions. Mine were pretty bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Ya - let's not balme the snow - SC-3 has no wear at all but SC4's are eatin em up! Moving my wheels together seems to have helped but my 03 had 12000km on the original sliders and I can't get 1200km on the sc4???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
I have 1400 miles original sliders,they wear to a point and then stop.I am not worried about going to 3000miles...too much worry about this I think.Drive it and forget it..let the comments begin!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
527 Posts
I have 1400 miles original sliders,they wear to a point and then stop.I am not worried about going to 3000miles...too much worry about this I think.Drive it and forget it..let the comments begin!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
i just replaced mine at 1550 miles, they were shot. they did wear to a point and slow down but did not stop wearing. 95% of those miles were in great conditions---jmo
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top