Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe you guys can help here is the problem I had to put new rear brakets on my revs tunnel the ones were the skid bolts to.I put them in with 3/16 rivets from an auto parts store.I went out for a 100 mile ride pretty bumpy!!got home and looked at the rivets were loose and some of them were broke.So I went to the ski doo dealer and got some ski doo rivets part number 390-4022-00 but thay dont look much stronger.Is there a stronger ski doo rivet that i could use?My freind said there is a ski doo rivet that is heavy duty it takes a big rivet gun like the big daddy!but he doesnt have the part number.If some body has this part number can you let me know it is a 3/16 rivet or what i can do to keep these brakets in place.
Thanks,Ray

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
A tip I saw from another member was to dip the rivet in epoxy before installing.

G

·
i hadthe same problem after i removed my foot treads.....for tunnel polishing. i tried the 3/16 with the oversized heads....they loosened. so i just went to the boating store and bought 1/4 low profile bolts......and nuts......loctite and sock em down....them cut excess off with dremel.......even if they loosen, you can tighten them, and.....they cant fall out due to cut threads.....hope this helps

·
Registered
123 Posts
mxz700r said:
i hadthe same problem after i removed my foot treads.....for tunnel polishing. i tried the 3/16 with the oversized heads....they loosened. so i just went to the boating store and bought 1/4 low profile bolts......and nuts......loctite and sock em down....them cut excess off with dremel.......even if they loosen, you can tighten them, and.....they cant fall out due to cut threads.....hope this helps
[snapback]729280[/snapback]​
If you know a chopper mechanic, get him to get you some "cherry rivets". Best in the business. that is what they use on the choppers, you dont see them rattle off! Expense otherwise if you buy

Put them on mine, never worried yet to date, and includes hitting the same place hard!

YKX

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
YKX said:
mxz700r said:
[snapback]729280[/snapback]​
If you know a chopper mechanic, get him to get you some "cherry rivets". Best in the business. that is what they use on the choppers, you dont see them rattle off! Expense otherwise if you buy

Put them on mine, never worried yet to date, and includes hitting the same place hard!

YKX
[snapback]729714[/snapback]​
You mean cherrymax rivets. They are mainly used on airplanes. www.aircraftspruce.com will have them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm fleet mechanic and we use 1/4 and 3/16 mono bolt rivots check with any tractor trailer parts dealer and they will carry them. If you can't find them PM me and I can mail you some their the best rivots you can find.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
What sould I use on my Beaver Delete? It's slightly loose:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts