Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Lynx Rave RE with my name on it and am starting to put my list of accessories together before I take ownership in the Fall. Some of my items are somewhat universal, but some are specific; I am basing my research for these items on a Ski-Doo Gen 4. The items I am wondering about is the the clutching, belt, and a can. The plan is a clutch kit and clutch tools from The Hotrod Shop, the belt will be an Ultimax XS821, and lastly a Diamond S exhaust. I am wondering if ordering the items I want for a Ski-Doo will still work on a Lynx Rave? Or should I be waiting for specific Lynx aftermarket parts? Thanks for any insight as we all wait for the best season!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
From what I have seen - clutches, belts, pipes and cans are the same as Ski-Doo. The clutches might have different calibrations - which might offer a different starting point for the clutch kit manufacturer - so you better check exactly what is included in the clutch kit.

A good advice would be to talk to DynamoJoe about the clutch kit...

·
Registered
570 Posts
The clutching on the 2021.5 sleds seemed to be clutched very well. I would give it a try before you install clutch kits, that way you have a baseline.

FYI, one of the local Doo dealers brought the new RAVE to the last few drag races and won their class in both races( I believe with stock clutches).

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
The clutching on the 2021.5 sleds seemed to be clutched very well. I would give it a try before you install clutch kits, that way you have a baseline.

FYI, one of the local Doo dealers brought the new RAVE to the last few drag races and won their class in both races( I believe with stock clutches).
agreed, the 2021.5 I demoed was stronger than my 21 850 Renegade

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I figured the geometry would be the same or similar for those pieces (Powerplant, Clutch, Driveline). I do plan on waiting to modify clutching, but I like to tinker and refine, so I am sure there will be something to extract or improve on. I am going to add lightweight stuff to the sled as well; Li battery and of course the can will lighten as well. I am not trying to upset anyone (I am looking at you, people who hate the Ski-Doo 600 XRS competition because it has no ES), is removing the ES system and battery an involved task? Or is it simply a pull and cap off type job? Just wondering... I am one of the many that would LOVE to see SHOT on a trail sled. This particular sled attracted due to the lack of options and more pure spirit of focused performance, I really appreciate that. I am not against active suspension in any manner, just like the grass roots, beefy suspension, firm sled that the RAVE is. Probably why I like daily driving my big old truck.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I see the Lynx website now has more options than it did a few months ago as far as accessories go. I even see you can now view the accessories catalog just like you would for a Doo.

I will be buying a windshield instead of the thing they call a windshield to stay a bit warmer. I see Lynx has option but Also Powermadd says their "low" shield for the G4 will fit the Lynx.

From what I can tell the base that holds the windshields is different on the Lynx compare to the Doo, but the shield itself is the same. If I dont buy the Powermadd one I might just take my old windshield and put it on the Lynx base and I think it will work.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I tried my low/med adjustable shield on the floor model at my dealer in March and it fit perfectly. I just pulled the stock one off and pressed in mine ....nothing more.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Yes, the windshields are definitely interchangeable between Lynx and Ski-Doo. All of the LinQ bags and cans that go on the tunnel mounting brackets as well. Also handlebar raisers, hand guards, hand guard extenders and the Extreme skid plate.

However, please notice the full body skid plates are different. The Lynx has got narrower footrests and narrower bottom plastics, causing a small difference in overall width.

·
Registered
609 Posts
On some models the seats are also a bit different. I can't for example put the small linq bags on top of/instead of the battery lid on my Lynx Boondocker since the Lynx seat is a tiny bit longer. If there are differences between lynx and Doo seats on the short track models I don't know.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I am far from sure, but I seem to remember the Ski-Doo trail seats have got couple small, annoying plastic tabs right at the front of the seat, to interlock with the plastic panel covering the A-frame...?

None of this is present in the Lynx Boondocker, Xterrain or Rave. No plastic panel covering the A-frame and clearly "shorter to the front" seats attached with three hooks under the seat plus one tab right at the front. All seats are interchangeable between the Lynx Boondocker, Xterrain and Rave, but only the low and short "Forty7C" seat of the Boondocker DS can be used together with the "hard" LinQ bag that goes over the battery box.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to the dealer a few weeks back and messed around with the left over Rave demo they have. There were a couple sleds in their area and had different Linq bags. I tried the bags that fit on the battery cover; none of them fit due to the seat size and shape. I am guessing the only option there would be the larger battery cover that provides storage, but even then, you have the battery in the way. I am going to go universal for a storage option on mine. I have found a bunch of water proof kayak bags that have a flat bottom and should strap onto the tunnel easily. It is a cheaper option for sure, but I'll give it a shot, and if it doesn't work I will find a Linq bag I like. I have always been a fan of the low profile mountain style bags, but they take up two positions and I plan on running a Linq fuel caddy. I am sure I could fiddle day to day, but would prefer not to choose fuel vs storage.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I tried and the seat from my GF's Summit fits my Lynx. So if someone's determined to have one of the small bags/compartments on/instead of the battery lid you could change the seat to make it work. It will become expensive storage per volume unit but it's doable.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a clutch kit, clutch tools, Diamond S Ti can, and Gboost belt on the way. Next up will be the battery, storage, LED headlights, and an ISOVIBE riser from Grip-n-rip. Does anyone have experience with these? I want just a bit of rise on the bars and thought this would be a great way to get the rise and the added benefit of a smoother experience.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a clutch kit, clutch tools, Diamond S Ti can, and Gboost belt on the way. Next up will be the battery, storage, LED headlights, and an ISOVIBE riser from Grip-n-rip. Does anyone have experience with these? I want just a bit of rise on the bars and thought this would be a great way to get the rise and the added benefit of a smoother experience.
I have used these isovibes from Grip N Rip for many years and love them. Takes away the sudden jolts from hard hits and takes away any vibrations. I plan on putting one on my Lynx when it comes in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have run the isovibe and I like the “cushion” that it gives especially on in a situation where it would be a jarring hit. It really Helps reduce the shock to the wrists.

I’m moving to a summit this year, so I would be willing to sell the isovibe if you would consider used. I also have a used EarthX lightweight battery if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have run the isovibe and I like the “cushion” that it gives especially on in a situation where it would be a jarring hit. It really Helps reduce the shock to the wrists.

I’m moving to a summit this year, so I would be willing to sell the isovibe if you would consider used. I also have a used EarthX lightweight battery if you’re interested.

While I do appreciate the offer and am not opposed to utilizing used items, I purchased the remaining items a few days ago. I have the battery, the riser, LED lightbulbs, and a waterproof Kayak bag for storage all on their way. This should round out the sled items I am wanting. Next on the list is addressing the trailer and a set of YouZee glasses for my CKX Titan.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Alright, no worries. Just thought I would check before I list them in the classifieds.

Hope you enjoy the new sled. I’m eager to hear reports on the how the Lynx performs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Alright, no worries. Just thought I would check before I list them in the classifieds.

Hope you enjoy the new sled. I’m eager to hear reports on the how the Lynx performs.

Thanks! I am eager to ride this thing. I may have jumped the gun on some stuff, but I am not wanting to miss out on anything considering the market and supply chain issues. Heck, I might be looking at a pile of parts and no sled! Good luck with the sale; I am sure those items will fly out of your garage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts