Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now put about 600 miles on my 05 Ltd Gade 600 and i need a Torsion spring that won,t bottom out on big hits or G-outs like the stock springs.On smaller bumps at sain speeds i love the ride though.I weigh 145 lbs without gear and after doing a search on the subject it seems that there are two springs choices.
1) 140-190* 443/445 95 Degree
2) 180-230* 522/524 90 Degree
I am with the idea that you want a low preload type spring that is thicker dia.
Not sure about the angle though.Brenagade if you read this i know you changed springs in your ltd Gade and have now got some good miles on testing.Did you consider the 443/445 springs.I set my sled up with 2.5 inches sag with me on the sled and the stock torsions are on 1.Coupler blocks are against the rear pads and thick end facing down.I was going to turn up the torsion springs but i know that this will not solve my problem and only make the ride harsher on small bumps.
Man ive learned alot about suspensions on this site.Thanks for any advise before i place the order.Squirt

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
moresquirt if I were you I would click up the preload on those springs first and try that. I don't think more preload on the stock springs is going to effect the ride on the small bumps. If you go to a spring that is too heavy for your weight you will be no better off. I was more concerned about ride quality than were the coupling blocks sit.....

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
something is wrong if you are bottoming out all the time on a new sled and you only weigh 145. I know that they are soft but you aren't really heavy. Are you jumping it alot?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly,i don,t care were the blocks sit either,it was just a base set-up from the manual for the correct amount of sag and ride.Ride quality is the most important issue.But i think i may have done some disc damage to my spine when i hit a few g-outs last week so bottoming is an issue just don,t want to lose the ride quality.I think i need a spring with similar preload as stock but thicker wire.The stock springs i believe are 100 to 150 lb #492/494 8.85" 80 degree.Won,t dialing up the springs tighter just increase the preload and stiffen the ride in small stuff.I ride pretty agressive especially through the nasty stuff,don,t like to slow down for the bumps.Anyone...

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else same weight with Gade and can comment.Tweener could you comment.Thanks Oyeah i turned up the stock torsion springs to
4 and same problem on big hits plus now the sled rides like a lumber wagon on the small stuff it previously sucked up.Go figure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts