Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an 850 that has 4 seasons on it. I want to replace the battery as preventative maintenance. My dealer is out of the Doo batteries and said they are back ordered until January. He has some aftermarket batteries that just came in, not sure of the brand. What do I need to look for in these batteries to make sure they are capable? CCA, etc.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just make sure it has the same dimensions and top configuration so that the bracket fits properly. A flat top battery will not fit. Needs the "cut out " section on top for the bracket to reconnect to the gas tank.

·
Registered
'09 & '13 GSX 1200's 1985 Manta 500
1,098 Posts
Original Yuasa battery in my '09 1200 hung in for 10 yrs.. Original battery is still in my '13 1200. Always on a BatteryMinder when in the garage. Only pulled the '09 one due to age and not to a no start issue. Still have it on a BatteryMinder as it's my mower jump battery and trailer light checking power supply.
I got another one online. I believe Deka makes US sold Yuasa batteries in PA. Either brand is my go to battery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
We have an 850 that has 4 seasons on it. I want to replace the battery as preventative maintenance. My dealer is out of the Doo batteries and said they are back ordered until January. He has some aftermarket batteries that just came in, not sure of the brand. What do I need to look for in these batteries to make sure they are capable? CCA, etc.

I have the same dilemma, my 850 is 4 years old and I intended to change out the battery now. My dealer talked me out of it, said the 850 batteries have been lasting longer as they start so easy. Said if the battery was still cranking OK, don't be in a hurry to change it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got six riding seasons out of my factory yuasa battery.19000miles. When talking to my dealer he too says factory is backordered but he has multiple sources for yuasa replacements. I'm requesting one where I put the liquid in it. That way I know it hasn't been on the shelf activated. Be careful some have very similar part numbers but only have 270 cranking amps. You want 310 I'm sure for an 850.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Advanced Auto parts now sells Diehard. I bought one for my 900ACE last year. Started right up this fall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts