Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from a 300 Mile ride in northern wisconsin I hit black ice as my truck down shifted for an incline causing me to spin out in to the ditch. Sled flew off trailer wrecking rear suspension and tweaking bulkhead.(2000 FZ 700) Insurance will give me $2400. They Want $1000 to buy it back. So that leaves me sled and $1400. Work in body shop so can straighten bulkhead. Put a lightley used suspension in for approx. 400-500 bucks. Just put new 1.25" track and 144 studs on=$600. What should I do? Buy it back and fix it, buy back and part out useable parts(engine, accesories, etc.) Or let them have it.

I was really bummed
seeing as it beat my bosses 800 Polaris not 3 but 4 times out of 4, OUCH.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
remeber insurance settlements are just that, a settlement via negotiation. ask if the adjuster will give you 2500.00 for sled, and if you can buy it back for say 750-800. that will give you alittle more jing in your pockets. it costs them money to tow the sled to auction, the auction house charges them fees for selling services ect... they would rather see you buy it back, easier for all involved. ski

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
wheel and deal you got nothing to lose. did they see it or take the estimate of a shop? tell them it;s in wisconsin and they got to pick it up over there.thats worth 500.00 bucks right there......get mean and nasty it will pay off

·
My lifestyle determines my deathstyle.
2,124 Posts
First off, sorry to here this bro! I would be interested in the track and oil tank, but if your handy and have access to the right tools I would buy it back (dicker if you can), and fix it up the way you want! Good luck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
harley-hamm said:
First off, sorry to here this bro! I would be interested in the track and oil tank, but if your handy and have access to the right tools I would buy it back (dicker if you can), and fix it up the way you want! Good luck!

[snapback]306794[/snapback]​
I have decided to buy it back and fix it. I do have the factory .88" track with 96 studs if you are interested in that at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts