Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.This spring im going to be buying a new sled and my ?"s to guy's is what should i do.Should i pick up a left over 2006 modle or get a new 2007 modle?When i get the new sled its going to be the 800 pwer tech.Should i get this motor.The reason i am aksing is because im worried about it blowing up on me.
I dont no what to hophly some of you guy's can help me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Caleb said:
.This spring im going to be buying a new sled and my ?"s to guy's is what should i do.Should i pick up a left over 2006 modle or get a new 2007 modle?When i get the new sled its going to be the 800 pwer tech.Should i get this motor.The reason i am aksing is because im worried about it blowing up on me.
I dont no what to hophly some of you guy's can help me out.
[snapback]706619[/snapback]​
seeing as the 2007's are not out yet we have no idea what they are going to offer.

give us a few days to see what is in store for 2007 before you make a decision. If they re-designed the chassis, you may want the new look, you might hate the new look.

the 800pt is an awsome motor. I love my SDI but the pt is very apealing to me. Not many failures with the pt....seems to run really well.
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
Caleb said:
.This spring im going to be buying a new sled and my ?"s to guy's is what should i do.Should i pick up a left over 2006 modle or get a new 2007 modle?When i get the new sled its going to be the 800 pwer tech.Should i get this motor.The reason i am aksing is because im worried about it blowing up on me.
I dont no what to hophly some of you guy's can help me out.
[snapback]706619[/snapback]​
#1 If you are getting it in the spring, why are you asking whether you should wait or not. 07's are not out so no one can really answer you properly.

#2 If your new sled is going to the the 800 PT, then why are you asking if you should get that motor. You have already made up your mind it sounds like.

#3 Why would you think it would blow up on you

#4 What does hophly mean??

#5 Start going to school and learn how to spell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not a very good speller sorry.Ive i asked if i should get the power tech because i keep hearing that there are blowing up.Also you dont have to be a edit for bad language(doo rider)!
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
I have to wonder why just about every single younger generation person( I am trying to be politacally correct, what I really meant was kid) can't spell. It really amazes me that you can all work a computer but can't actually spell anything properly with it.

no need for name calling (I noticed you spelt that right)

Just making an observation.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
doo rider said:
I have to wonder why just about every single younger generation person( I am trying to be politacally correct, what I really meant was kid) can't spell. It really amazes me that you can all work a computer but can't actually spell anything properly with it.

no need for name calling (I noticed you spelt that right)

Just making an observation.


[snapback]706658[/snapback]​
back off! I can't spell for crap either, dosn't make me less of a person, or mean that I don't have 2 degrees. I'm still intelligent, but I use spell check on my documents.

(I'm no kid, and your NOT pollitically correct!)

we are all here for the love of snowmobiling and doo's. no need to rip some one apart because they have "fat fingers"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,626 Posts
Caleb said:
what makes you think im a kid?
[snapback]706663[/snapback]​
caleb
post Today, 08:38 AM
Post #7

Member
Current Sled:
96 xcr 600sp
Previous or Other Sleds you Own:
94 indy500 sks
Location:
upstate ny
Favorite Riding Area:
upstate ny
Mileage so far this winter: 40
Mileage last winter: 100
Your Age: 15
Riding Since: 4
Group: Members
Posts: 12
Joined: 5-February 06
Member No.: 26,717
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DOOSKIX said:
I think you should wait until you have drivers license before you buy a $10K sled with 140+ HP.

Just a little friendly advice.
[snapback]706666[/snapback]​
I have been riding since i was 4 years old.last year i was riding a 190 horse sled most of the time because my dad couldnt ride it.I will have my license in a month.And when im brenging in $1,000 dollers in 3 weeks i can buy a new sled. just a little friendly advice!
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
bigf150 said:
doo rider said:
I have to wonder why just about every single younger generation person( I am trying to be politacally correct, what I really meant was kid) can't spell. It really amazes me that you can all work a computer but can't actually spell anything properly with it.

no need for name calling (I noticed you spelt that right)

Just making an observation.


[snapback]706658[/snapback]​
back off! I can't spell for crap either, dosn't make me less of a person, or mean that I don't have 2 degrees. I'm still intelligent, but I use spell check on my documents.

(I'm no kid, and your NOT pollitically correct!)

we are all here for the love of snowmobiling and doo's. no need to rip some one apart because they have "fat fingers"
[snapback]706667[/snapback]​
HMMM...looked at your posts and can't find too much in the way of bad spelling. As for degrees. I have NON. Hated school. But still had to learn how to spell when I was there.

Didn't figure you were a kid (bigf150), and I hate being politically correct.

Yes we are here cause we all like sledding, but some posts just turn on the frustration meter more than others.

Most of these kids don't have "Fat finger", they just plain old can't spell.

Does it mean they are bad people, nope, and I never implied that. Just that they should try to take more care if they can.

Unfortunately is seems to be a fact of life nowadays with the computer and calculator being pushed immensely in schools, the younger generation doesn't think for themselves anymore, they have a machine to do it for them.
 

·
Doo Rider
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
Caleb said:
DOOSKIX said:
I think you should wait until you have drivers license before you buy a $10K sled with 140+ HP.

Just a little friendly advice.
[snapback]706666[/snapback]​
I have been riding since i was 4 years old.last year i was riding a 190 horse sled most of the time because my dad couldnt ride it.I will have my license in a month.And when im brenging in $1,000 dollers in 3 weeks i can buy a new sled. just a little friendly advice!
[snapback]706671[/snapback]​
Maybe you should be informed that there are no 190 HP sleds out there, unless you are riding some supermodded sled. Which I highly doubt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
doo rider said:
bigf150 said:
doo rider said:
I have to wonder why just about every single younger generation person( I am trying to be politacally correct, what I really meant was kid) can't spell. It really amazes me that you can all work a computer but can't actually spell anything properly with it.

no need for name calling (I noticed you spelt that right)

Just making an observation.


[snapback]706658[/snapback]​
back off! I can't spell for crap either, dosn't make me less of a person, or mean that I don't have 2 degrees. I'm still intelligent, but I use spell check on my documents.

(I'm no kid, and your NOT pollitically correct!)

we are all here for the love of snowmobiling and doo's. no need to rip some one apart because they have "fat fingers"
[snapback]706667[/snapback]​
HMMM...looked at your posts and can't find too much in the way of bad spelling. As for degrees. I have NON. Hated school. But still had to learn how to spell when I was there.

DIdn't figure you were a kid (bigf150), and I hate being politically correct.

Yes we are here cause we all like sledding, but some posts just turn on the frusteration meter more than others.

Most of these kids don't have "Fat finger", they just plain old can't spell.

Does it mean they are bad people, nope, and I never implied that. Just that they should try to take more care if they can.

Unfortunately is seems to be a fact of life nowadays with the computer and calculator being pushed immensely in schools, the younger generation doesn't think for themselves anymore, they have a machine to do it for them.
[snapback]706679[/snapback]​
so? is it his fault that computers have allowed this generation to not spell? I'm at fault. I still can't spell for the life of me. This forum is the only means of communication I have that dosn't have a spell check!

it's not his fault! So why turn this thread into a political statment (rant) about spelling and our youth?

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

If caleb wants to spend money before it earned, or dream about what to buy with his imaginary money, or even pretend like he will be able to afford a new sled, insurance, gas, mainenence, parts, repairs, ext. what ever.

I'm not here to bash anyone. Yes, he talks like a 15 y/o but we were all 15 once!

now lets get back to snowmobiling?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,626 Posts
Caleb said:
DOOSKIX said:
I think you should wait until you have drivers license before you buy a $10K sled with 140+ HP.

Just a little friendly advice.
[snapback]706666[/snapback]​
I have been riding since i was 4 years old.last year i was riding a 190 horse sled most of the time because my dad couldnt ride it.I will have my license in a month.And when im brenging in $1,000 dollers in 3 weeks i can buy a new sled. just a little friendly advice!
[snapback]706671[/snapback]​
Doesn't matter how long you've been riding, teenagers by nature don't make good decisions from time to time, I should know I was good at it.

I nearly died from an accident when I was your age, on a KX80 not a 800cc sled. Had nothing to do with my riding ability and everything to do with doing something I should not have been.

I'll get off of my soap box now and just be glad you ride in NY and not in MI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
doo rider said:
Caleb said:
DOOSKIX said:
I think you should wait until you have drivers license before you buy a $10K sled with 140+ HP.

Just a little friendly advice.
[snapback]706666[/snapback]​
I have been riding since i was 4 years old.last year i was riding a 190 horse sled most of the time because my dad couldnt ride it.I will have my license in a month.And when im brenging in $1,000 dollers in 3 weeks i can buy a new sled. just a little friendly advice!
[snapback]706671[/snapback]​
Maybe you should be informed that there are no 190 HP sleds out there, unless you are riding some supermodded sled. Which I highly doubt.
[snapback]706694[/snapback]​
[

it was a 04 polaris xc700sp with every thing done to it it ran on cam2 had a big bore kit,Twin pipes,ported,new ignition ,gutted air box,and some more stuff that i cant remember.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Caleb said:
doo rider said:
Caleb said:
DOOSKIX said:
I think you should wait until you have drivers license before you buy a $10K sled with 140+ HP.

Just a little friendly advice.
[snapback]706666[/snapback]​
I have been riding since i was 4 years old.last year i was riding a 190 horse sled most of the time because my dad couldnt ride it.I will have my license in a month.And when im brenging in $1,000 dollers in 3 weeks i can buy a new sled. just a little friendly advice!
[snapback]706671[/snapback]​
Maybe you should be informed that there are no 190 HP sleds out there, unless you are riding some supermodded sled. Which I highly doubt.
[snapback]706694[/snapback]​
[

it was a 04 polaris xc700sp with every thing done to it it ran on cam2 had a big bore kit,Twin pipes,ported,new ignition ,gutted air box,and some more stuff that i cant remember.
[snapback]707056[/snapback]​
even still....190 is a huge stretch! 140-150 maybe! I would bet 130 on a dyno.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top