Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an 04 renegade 600 with the precision skis and would like to get some newer skis. What would you guys recommend? Prefer OEM Ski Doo.

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,430 Posts
You're going to get a lot of opinions but if you want to stick with oem I've run DS2's on my last 3 sleds and really like them both on and off trail.

The sleds were 146 and longer though, haven't tried them on a Renegade.

·
Registered
178 Posts
6.9 Pilots with 6" Doolies and an outside rub rail. Love them. Have them on both the MXZ and the Skandic WT. The MXZ had 5.9 Pilots with single 8" carbids and the Skandic had DS2 with 6" single carbide.

The listings will say the 6.9 Pilots are discontinued but they are very available. And sell for a reasonable price.

_Jack

·
Registered
130 Posts
Second 6.9 pilots on a renegade. DS2’s are not good skis on any form of hard pack or trail.

Reactions: _Jack

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,430 Posts
Second 6.9 pilots on a renegade. DS2’s are not good skis on any form of hard pack or trail.
I strongly disagree, with the right runner bolted to em they're the best all around ski that Doo makes.

I have thousands of on and off trail miles on them and they're the best I've ever run.

I've never been a fan of any dual keel ski but to each their own.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I’ve put tens of thousands of km’s on DS2’s as well. Garbage on hard pack, especially sea ice. I no longer own any. They are flat out dangerous, can grab and dart at moderate to high speeds. They’re ok in soft powder. The keel is much too deep.

Reactions: vinci_78 and _Jack

·
Registered
321 Posts
What would you like to get out of a ski? Type of riding and how aggressive do you need? Type of snow you will use them on? One cannot tell which ski you need without that information.
Judging by your reason to stay stock brp ski’s, then performance isn’t in your interest? Just want to improve the looks of sled?
If you need turn on a dime, then look at slp mohawks, c&a pro razors, etc. If you need deep snow then mountain ski’s of some sort. If you just want to perform a bit better on trails, then Polaris grippers are a great improvement.
If darting is your problem, then doesn’t matter what ski you get. You will still have a problem until you address the problem in the steering.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally, I think those skis are pretty dang good. Granted I didnt have anything to compare it to on mine. I put a pair of woodys ACE 8" carbides on the inside and moved the best looking wearbars that remained to the outside. I think it handled well. The only issues I really had was pushing in corners on really soft snow, but everyone else was having the same problem. was just the conditions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts