Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 800 HO and it came with precision ski's. I hated them and found in light snow conditions and hard riding they would push real bad. So I went to Flex ski's and had to open my toe out over in inch just to get them not to dart real bad. I then put on ski' doo's anti darting devices and now they don't dart but they push real bad!!! So this weeknd I rode an 06 with pilots and they handled well in ideal conditions. So I wanted to buy some and now i hear they are breaking????? So where do I go from here? I want a ski that will carve with the best of them, even in 3" of snow, not to much ski preasure so I look like popeye after the ride. Help I need some answers!!!! need your real choices on what you did.

·
Registered
721 Posts
usi px301

·
Ski-Dooer
2,288 Posts
i keep hearing Powder Pros

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I run the Doo Flex Ski on mine w/ 8 inch woodys never had to re set the toe and they don't dart at all, makes it turn like it is on RR tracks now, I use my precisions for powder riding it helps keep the front end up on top better

·
Registered
683 Posts
I like my C & A's on the trail and on fresh powder. But I have to change my pants when I'm going across a lake or field with 1/2" to 1" of hardcrust over powder and the handlebars almost get yanked completely out of my hands and the sled comes close to going into a major roll.

Not sure if other skis do this.

·
Devil Dog
1,848 Posts
C&A Razors. They won't dart and when you want to ride aggressive they won't let you down. I found a guy that sells them for $240 new with mounting kit, but minus carbides.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
Simmons, I've had 9 different pairs of skis on the REV and the simmons are my favorite. For anyone that likes the PP's, you 've never ridden in snow with a slight crust on top..when that happens, you'll be death gripping the bars at 30 mph

·
Registered
807 Posts
dslater said:
I like my C & A's on the trail and on fresh powder. But I have to change my pants when I'm going across a lake or field with 1/2" to 1" of hardcrust over powder and the handlebars almost get yanked completely out of my hands and the sled comes close to going into a major roll.

Not sure if other skis do this.
[snapback]701374[/snapback]​
Just curious as to your toe out setup and model of ski you have. I found to much toe out caused that white knuckle condition in those snow conditions .

·
Registered
265 Posts
I took off the precisions and intalled the Pilots. They darted worse than the precisions and I think it was because only 1 skag is touching most of the time. I did cure it though by shimming a quarter inch on the rear of each ski and putting the Stud Boy 4.5" shaper bar on the outside only. By doing this I brought the outside ski down further as they are taller and closer to where both are the same. They are closer together than precisions so don't push. Try it and I think you'll like it. I did both things at once so you may be OK to just shim it .

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
One important thing to remeber is what track you are running. I also have an o3 44o with flex ski's. No problem there because 13/4 track keeps it in its place. With a 1 inch track its another story. Same with a 1.25. They are probably fine with the flex ski's also. Maybe I just need a new track?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts