Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 440 with a 1.75 track on it and i need to get some studs for snocross what size do you guys think?

·
Registered
815 Posts
2 inch would create a lot of penetration. . . . might be to much bite.

1.875 might be a better choice.

Also, if it is the stock 03 track the lug height was a bit lower then 1.75.
exactly,,so run 2 inch..your talking less than a quarter inch..GO 2 INCH

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i race junior, would my 1.75 track with 96 2" studs be too much??

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i race junior, would my 1.75 track with 96 2" studs be too much??
I'm not sure about juniors but in other sno-x circuits they limit how many studs and how much length they can have to them. I believe 96 is the max but not sure if 2'' would be to long. All the 1.75 tracks I have run I ran 1.875 in length.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure about juniors but in other sno-x circuits they limit how many studs and how much length they can have to them. I believe 96 is the max but not sure if 2'' would be to long. All the 1.75 tracks I have run I ran 1.875 in length.
ya we can only have 96 studs im not sure about length maybe i should go 1.875 just to be safe

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Woodys RACE1860 is the legal stud for 1.75 snow-x track
the oem 03 track is 1.625 and MEG1740 is the legal stud for that track
Be sure to know stud placement rules before you start
don't forget the snowflap restraint

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
studs are ordered. ISOC rules must be steel studs no bigger that 3/4 inch bigger than the lug in front of it. Thanks guys

·
Sorry for Partyin'
599 Posts
Are you sure it is 3/4", I thought it was 3/8". Could be mistaken though.
Just checked the rulebook, maximum penetration is 3/8" taken off leading lug. Might wanna make sure you are not exceeding this before its too late.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just checked the rulebook, maximum penetration is 3/8" taken off leading lug. Might wanna make sure you are not exceeding this before its too late.
off leading lug? 3/4 inch smaller than the lug? shooooot!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about length IF YOUR TRACK IS ACTUALLY A 1.75. Reason being, the largest stud you can buy(other than chisels) is 1.875", which is legal for the 1.75 track. Total length is longer, but that is not the measurement by which they are sold. If you ordered a 1.8x, you're fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about length IF YOUR TRACK IS ACTUALLY A 1.75. Reason being, the largest stud you can buy(other than chisels) is 1.875", which is legal for the 1.75 track. Total length is longer, but that is not the measurement by which they are sold. If you ordered a 1.8x, you're fine.
thanks, Cody

1 - 18 of 18 Posts