Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 500SS that has lovely carb boot issues already. I am looking to buy either the V-Force or the Boyesen Rad Valve.
I know everyone on here seems to favor the V-force for some reason. I'm just wondering WHY you like the V-force better than the Boyesen Rad valve that is made out of Aluminium and won't wear out in a year like the V-forces do?

I ride High milage, so i really don't want to throw $$$$$ into these boots every year. I like the Boyesen's much better, but I am concerned about how they perform. I'm not looking for every 1/10 of a HP, but I just don't want to make the engine a dog.
I know my friend installed some reeds in a 02 600 and it got all doggy.

I need input, because mine are junk and I need to get some ordered soon.

(BTW I searched for 2 hrs and found tons of info, but no clear cut answers to my questions)

Thanks

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and.......................?

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
Just something to think about...

I have read on here a lot that reeds are about one of the biggest waste of money that you can get for your sled. That for the price you really don't get anything out of them...

Look around and you will see what I mean,
Ryan

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I'm not looking to gain power, but my fricken carb boots are junk. I'm not paying BRP anymore money, so thats why I turned to aftermarket. I just want to have some input on which set to buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts