Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of pipe or pipes are good for my 05 Renegade X 800 HO PT? I'm also considering trail-porting, air box mod, new reeds etc... Are twins better than singles? Who makes the best pipes? If you don't know, don't answer!

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Twin pipes are nice but you have to re-jet at certain altitude. I'd go with a dyno port single pipe with a can. My cousin has one on his blair morgan and it sounds great. Gains like 4-6 hp.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heard some rumors about ceramic coating the stock pipe and Y-pipe and changing to a J&T or HPS silencer would do the trick... Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there nobody out there who has tried this? If I get a pipe and muffler from dynoport, do I get the Y-pipe also or should I at least get the stock one coated?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jaws pipe makes a pipe for the 800HO. I don't have one on my rev yet but the Jaws pipe came stock on my snowhawk, I love the sound and preformance seems good. Follow the jetting chart that you get with the pipes if you put on twins. Stay stock and burnup

·
Registered
377 Posts
Go with the dynoport ceramic pipe and can it will hold the heat better for better performance. I have the ceramic can on my 05 800HO PTK and love the sound of it. Got it from binskiman. Give him a PM and he can help you out. He has good prices and service.

·
Registered
377 Posts
wantsnow said:
Does he have a web site?
[snapback]320224[/snapback]​
does not have a website. if you PM him he can advise you how to reach him.

·
Registered
361 Posts
r-32 x. Do you have the normal dyno port can, or the new big barker? and did you have to re-jet? did it come with the instructions/ jetting chart? Is the rest of your motor stock?

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
I can port,head mod,TT kit,HPS can you for $995 shipped = 150 hp...BJ

·
Registered
347 Posts
wantsnow said:
Heard some rumors about ceramic coating the stock pipe and Y-pipe and changing to a J&T or HPS silencer would do the trick... Anyone tried this?
[snapback]302584[/snapback]​
yeah i just did the ceramic coating this summer,on the y and pipe.Im not sure on any gains,not enuf snow to ride.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Been told by many that stock PIPE works best at low elevations...

BJ...How much extra HP should I expect for you TT kit with SLP CAN???

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
wantsnow said:
[snapback]302584[/snapback]​
I had my stock pipe and Y pipe ceramic coated by Jet-Hot... Price was $100 including return shipping and it looks awesome...

Have not tried on sled yet as there has been no snow here in PA...

I also feel stock pipe works best at low elevation. Dynos do NOT simulate real world conditions so don't believe everything they all claim. And when you doo get an aftermarket pipe run against somebody with exact same sled and motor with stock pipe and you will be surprised how well the stock pipes work!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts