Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk about the weekend accidents is guess it raises the question - Many of us operate snowmobiles that will exceed 100mph with little effort. What MPH do you get uneasy at? On a well groomed wooded trail in the straights I dont like getting much over 70 anymore. Fields and lakes I am OK cranking it up, but 90% of NY trails (where I ride) are in the woods not on lakes or through fields...

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
120km/per hour is my max on the ungroomed, very bumpy, snow drifted lakes.

After that speed I have a very hard time keeping my skinny butt on the sled!!

On our ungroomed trails with 2 foot moguls every 3 feet I go about 55km per hour.

·
Registered
948 Posts
On the trails it depends how wide they are , some trails 30 mph is fast. Sit back and enjoy the view. Life to short to do 70mph especially on some of the small trails. You never know what's coming around the next bend or hill. Lakes are another story.

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Any time it seems like I'm just cruising along at a "safe" pace and glance down at the speedo and realize, "I don't normally drive my truck at this speed", that's when I get a bit nervous.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I get real nervous at any speed............ when my wife is behind the wheel.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
alexd said:
Any time it seems like I'm just cruising along at a "safe" pace and glance down at the speedo and realize, "I don't normally drive my truck at this speed", that's when I get a bit nervous.
[snapback]726443[/snapback]​
Thats a good one. I usually keep it below 100 mph since neither of my sleds can go faster then that. I have no interest in breaking the 100 mph barrier in any conditions.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
To the grip wherever and whenever I can. If you're nervous you should find another hobby.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
MTM said:
To the grip wherever and whenever I can. If you're nervous you should find another hobby.
[snapback]726516[/snapback]​
I am glad I live in a different country than you......the day you stop being nervous is the day you SHOULD stop riding!!

Your nerves will keep you safer as they will let you know your limits....no nerves no limits. Gas Font Heat Pattern Event

Safe riding!!!!

Attachments

G

·
MamaSled said:
MTM said:
I am glad I live in a different country than you......the day you stop being nervous is the day you SHOULD stop riding!!

Your nerves will keep you safer as they will let you know your limits....no nerves no limits. View attachment 48533

Safe riding!!!!
[snapback]726568[/snapback]​

·
Who me ?
2,824 Posts
Anything under 60 and I get twitchy.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
MTM said:
Hey, you can get just as hurt doing 80 across the lake as doing 100.
[snapback]726602[/snapback]​
It's your life man, whatever. I'd hate for anything like this to happen to you or anyone else for that matter. Think of your little kid and how hard he would take it if something happened to Dad when you are riding.

·
Registered
933 Posts
"Pins the flipper" I says.

·
Registered
137 Posts
MamaSled said:
MTM said:

Your nerves will keep you safer as they will let you know your limits....no nerves no limits. View attachment 48533

Safe riding!!!!
Atta boy,girl

·
Master Electrician
2,304 Posts
MTM said:
I love to go as fast as the conditions will allow. You just have to watch out for Me as good as I'm watching out for You. If ride on the grip I won't worry about You on the trails because Your sled won't last long. Oh bye the bye let Me know where Your ridin' this weekend so I can buy You a beverage.

G

·
DODOO MAN said:
MamaSled said:
MTM said:

Safe riding!!!!
Atta boy,girl
[snapback]726639[/snapback]​
You must forgive MTM for he is our resident tough guy! He`s the only man on this site who can rid all season and not once will his ski`s ever touch the ground

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.