Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to figure out what model I have. Someone mention before about my extended tunnel. I don't know what that means.
The VIN number is still readable but the rest of where the model name is, is scratched out. Can you tell by the VIN number?
I thought it was an MXZ 800 but if I look up pictures for it, it doesn't have the extended tunnel.
Is it a Trail, Adrenalin, MXZ X?

The VIN Number is: 2BPS188192V000063

Grey Automotive tire Rectangle Wall Font
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,394 Posts
Smarter people than I will be along, but based on the shocks and the windshield decal, I’m saying it’s an X package.

Your tunnel has and extension added to make it longer, your rear suspension has also been extended. It was a 121 from the factory, I’m thinking it’s now a 136.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

Reactions: origYeti

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
We did this 2 years ago.

2002 MXZ X

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smarter people than I will be along, but based on the shocks and the windshield decal, I’m saying it’s an X package.

Your tunnel has and extension added to make it longer, your rear suspension has also been extended. It was a 121 from the factory, I’m thinking it’s now a 136.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.
Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We did this 2 years ago.

2002 MXZ X
We might have but different parts sites and info places and pictures dont jive with mine. EX: the extended tunnel??? Some even say it's a Trail.

Anyway, this is what BPR sent me when I asked them the same question.

"Thank you for contacting BRP, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

The first thing I noticed is that the Ski-Doo is not under your name in our database. To do a change of ownership, could I please have your complete mailing address and a proof of purchase or of ownership (bill of sale*, title or registration)

Note: the bill of sale doesn't have to be a formal document. You and the seller can draw one up on a piece of paper, but it must include both the seller's and buyer's names and signatures, as well as the unit's serial number.

VIN 2BPS188192V000063 is a MXZ X 2002, the engine is 800 and the platform is ZX. You can take a look at all the original parts included with the Ski-Doo right here: http://epc.brp.com/. Simply select Ski-Doo, select 2002, select MX Z and MX Z 500/600/700/800, 2002. You will now be able to look at all the parts."

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or contact us at 1-888-272-9222.

Once again thank you for contacting BRP.

Wishing you a lot of fun with your Ski-Doo,

Gina
Customer Service Representative

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Looks like a Tracks USA tunnel extension and rail extension kit. Appears to be the 7.5 extension kit making your 121 a 136. A nice little upgrade and very common. Changes nothing else about your sled that I can think of.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a Tracks USA tunnel extension and rail extension kit. Appears to be the 7.5 extension kit making your 121 a 136. A nice little upgrade and very common. Changes nothing else about your sled that I can think of.
Thanks David. I never knew you could do that. How does a person measure the track? I can pretty well fix or repair anything if I have a few instructions and tips but when it comes to models and tracks etc, I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
How does a person measure the track?
It's a little wonky and my explanation is simplified. First there is the pitch of a track. Our older sleds have a pitch of 2.52 inches. In a nutshell that's the distance from one cross bar to the next. (Crossbar is the row of nubs on the inside of the track.)
A 136 track will have 54 rows of nubs. 54 x 2.52 = 136 A 121 track in 2.52 pitch will have 48 rows of nubs.
Newer sleds have a pitch of 2.86 and some are 3.0
That's about it. When ordering a track you need to know the length and pitch as well as lug height.
Your Tracks USA kit is a solid kit and the install looks pretty good.
PS Lots of good youtube vids on track dimensions.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The reply from BRP is not what I would have expected. I am surprised they are concerned about all that for a 20 year old sled? Its nice they are interested I guess, but I am surprised.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts