Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious......while doing some climbing in some deep Idaho powder this weekend, I looked down at the speedo a couple different times (to check R's and track speed) I was pulling about 41-45 mph. That is with stock gearing, S8X, HPS can, #20 pilots. I am just trying to get an idea of what others are seeing before I put my floating secondary spacer in and my 47 bottom gear.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
On a recent trip to Cook one of the sleds was a 800 rev with 144 that I ported to take
the new RKT pistons and he was seeing 60 mph at around 8300 rpm. He didn't have the clutching completely dialed and he is having the rev limit moved up and timing advanced in the box as he thinks theres more in the motor to be tapped.
When clutched at 7900 to 8100 he said was way off the mark and then clicked it up to 5 to get 8300 and it got scary. The motor sounds relatively quiet with the SLP pipe and can also, just real throaty. It really performs well, he describes the power as more like the 700 in the mid but it screams through the mid so fast he said he didn't miss the midrange torque of the 800 as the top end more than made up for it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
468 Posts
I got a stock 05' 800 REV with 151". the only things I have done to it is put on an SLP can and Joe's S8X helix and primary spring. Now this weekend there wasn't much pow. but a guy could still get stuck so I don't know how much it will change in the pow because this was the first time I got to hill climb since installing Joe's kit. At 7500/8000 feet turning 8 grand I could get 45 mph. Now that was set on clicker #2 so I'm going to add more pin wt. so I can riase my clicker to #3. right now I have 17.2 grams worth of set screws. Hope that helps

·
Registered
67 Posts
stock 06 1000 X 151" with the HA clutching and I am seeing 51-54MPH. I am thinking of gearing down one tooth on top to see if that improves.

·
Registered
132 Posts
LRD said:
On a recent trip to Cook one of the sleds was a 800 rev with 144 that I ported to take
the new RKT pistons and he was seeing 60 mph at around 8300 rpm. He didn't have the clutching completely dialed and he is having the rev limit moved up and timing advanced in the box as he thinks theres more in the motor to be tapped.
When clutched at 7900 to 8100 he said was way off the mark and then clicked it up to 5 to get 8300 and it got scary. The motor sounds relatively quiet with the SLP pipe and can also, just real throaty. It really performs well, he describes the power as more like the 700 in the mid but it screams through the mid so fast he said he didn't miss the midrange torque of the 800 as the top end more than made up for it.

Good Luck
[snapback]702921[/snapback]​
holy mother. i would give my left nut to anyone that can make my sled hold 60mph in the deep pow
. have 04 800 151. just put on RKT piston kit. having difficulties getting my sled dialed in - thinkin clutching may be problem? wont hold in pow on hills.

·
Registered
453 Posts
LRD said:

Good Luck
[snapback]702921[/snapback]​
Was that on steep climbs? that sounds fast...

·
Registered
921 Posts
I just wish my eyes were as good as all yours so I could see that miniscule
Speedo! You guys must be eatin carrots and blueberries 24/7!!!!!!!!

Rene

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Dare Ya Rene! said:

Rene
[snapback]703240[/snapback]​
No Joke......but on one particular climb I had to side hill (on my left side) about 300 yards to get on top of a tree-line, the powder was so deep that I had time to reach down (with my left hand) wipe off the powder from the gauge, check the tach and squint at the little numbers to see what they read. I was only moving about 12-15 mph but my gauge read 44 mph.

No blueberries for me.........otherwise I am doing this next to a tree every 10 min.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I Dare Ya Rene! said:

Rene
[snapback]703240[/snapback]​
Yeah - it must be hard to concentrate on the speedo when you're flying off all those 100' drops Rene, or cresting the peaks of hills most people would faint just looking down.

What difference does track speed matter when you're going everywhere you want to anyway? The only speed I'm concerned about is 0 MPH, anything over that is OK in my book.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Oh yeah, 45, 50, 60 MPH, psst.......With the huge 38 hp engine under my hood I can attain track speeds of 50 kmp in deep powder...Lets see someone top that number

·
Registered
611 Posts
47-49 in believe me really deep snow 20/47 gearing big hills one 1.2 gram set screw in primary pins (plus the stock set screw) MBRP can i Know nobody likes thne but heh its an interesting world stock i could get 44-45 mph. I have put a big wheel kit on but i do not think it really helped that much it just looks cool.

·
Registered
521 Posts
about 45-55, then up to around 65 with the touch of a button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts