Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what stock jetting at sealevel is for a 04 800 HO renegade? I thought it was 400 main jets but mine has 480's in it!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
is it -80c and 5000' below sea level where you live?

Holy crap thats jetted fat

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got the sled a few weeks ago and haven't ridden it yet thougth I should do something to it and check things over leaving for northern WI Thurs morning so pulled the carbs to clean then just in case and that is what I found

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
REV*BARON said:
800HO's in 04 came with 400's. In 05 they switched to the PTEK motor and they ran 440's.

If your motor had some mods done to it then it someone may have put in fatter jets. Stock is 400 though.
[snapback]702368[/snapback]​
480'S are still kind of rich for a modded motor isn't it? Sled only has 480 miles on it. But the guy did say he had the new chrome rings put in it.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Where do you live?

If it does get pretty cold and you are down low the dealer could have poped in some fatter jets. But whoever did it went a bit overboard i think...

New rings dont count as a mod

If its been ported and has a pipe and can than that could justify the large jets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.