Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My track is toast on my trail converted 2008 600RS. I mostly ride off trail or ditchbang around home when I'm not trail riding in michigan or PA.

I thought that by going to the longer track I could downsize to a more trail/ mpg/ top speed friendly 1.5" lug ripsaw II track and have similar performance to the 1.75" backcountry 2 track when off trail or in low snow conditions.

I called tracksusa and they do not have any rail extensions for the 600RS model to convert from a 120 to a 129" track.

What are my options? I've been searching dootalk and google with limited success. Some mention running a 128" track or converting to a newer 129" skid which isn't really in my budget. Trying to spend under $900 on this whole endeavor.

Thanks

·
Cadillac mountain Enduro
3,558 Posts
going to be hard to do for less than 900 , three ways you can go , Iceage rails or 129 pcx skid or make you own rail ext like I did, making your own is probably the only way you will come in close to your 900 budget , unless you find on heck of a deal on some used parts . check out my build thread to see how I made a set of sc5 ext fit the 08RS rails .

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have read a lot of your build thread but haven't gotten to that part yet.
Is the 08 skid and chassis even worth putting all this money into? Or should I just keep it a short track and buy a newer model when they come down in price like a sane person might do haha.

·
Cadillac mountain Enduro
3,558 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have read a lot of your build thread but haven't gotten to that part yet.
Is the 08 skid and chassis even worth putting all this money into? Or should I just keep it a short track and buy a newer model when they come down in price like a sane person might do haha.
I love my 08 RS , the chassis is a good one to make a trail pounder out of, that is easy to wrench on IMO, and any part can be up dated to newer specks plus who said any one who rides a sled is sane , especially one with brain damage ,, :wacko_old: :wacko_old: :blink: :unsure: :wacko:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
120 to 129 and a smaller lug track I don't think it would be worth it. I think you will be wanting the 1.75 back. If I was going to do it I would do a 136 conversion. But that's just me.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I found two sets or sc4 128 rails . First set I broke . Then lucked out and found a set of ice age rails almost ordered a set think it would of been round 700 maybe less it was a few years ago but I talked to ice age and the can & do make them just have to custom order them. Go whit the 1.75 if you ride off trail a lot you'll wish you had it still. Got my track & tunnel ext from tracks USA. Get a set of ice scratchers for when you trail ride to help save the slides and run cooler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts