Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
POGB said:
SERVICE MGR. AT MY DEALER JUST TALKED TO A BRP TECH AND TOLD ME TO STAY BETWEEN 40:1 AND 33:1. ON OIL.
[snapback]691063[/snapback]​
Your dealer is trying to sell more oil. The BRP Corporate Corner had a response direct from BRP stating 45:1 (no longer a forum apparently or I would link that post).

Have Fun,

G MAN

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
Most HP is produced at an oil ratio of near 25:1 choose your ratio..........it must be somewhere between 25:1 and 50:1...........

I like to use about 33:1 - 40:1 this ratio is constantly changing, so it may be different on different trips........lots of WOT, and you SHOULD use more oil (33:1).........lots of light throttle slow cruising.........you shouod use lesss oil (45:1)

·
G MAN
5,381 Posts
tweener said:
Most HP is produced at an oil ratio of near 25:1 choose your ratio..........it must be somewhere between 25:1 and 50:1...........

I like to use about 33:1 - 40:1 this ratio is constantly changing, so it may be different on different trips........lots of WOT, and you SHOULD use more oil (33:1).........lots of light throttle slow cruising.........you shouod use lesss oil (45:1)
[snapback]691813[/snapback]​
Where did you get that info Tweener? Any dyno testing to back that up? I'm not disputing you, just curious how you came up with the data as it could be helpful for speed tuning.

Best,

G MAN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts