Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there's no snow, it's 40+ degrees out, and I've seen several threads about other hobbies besides snowmobiling and what else to do during this time of no snow. Thought I'd post what I did today since riding my sled is not an option.

The last day of January 2016 in Minnesota I scrubbed the garage floor, power washed my old four wheeler chassis, and scrubbed the hell out of my truck. Did I mention it was January 31 in Minnesota?! The craziest thing is I started at 9:30am. It never got below freezing all weekend. Around 2pm I started getting hot and was in jeans, t-shirt and stocking hat. It turned out to be a rather productive weekend. Like an April weekend...

Also, I may or may not have had phat Captain Dew while enjoying the nice weather and cranking the garage stereo very loud. Probably did though :rockindude:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
took a nap because it rained all day.... :sad_old:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I Worked :( But tomorrow, im going to spend some time in the garage :)

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Nice Taco

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Taco

Oh I was nervous about buying that. I've had three GM trucks since I could drive, the last one was a full size, short cab, short box, four wheel drive that I drove for 13 years. It was a step down size wise from that but I really like the Tacoma. My wife is actually the one who suggested it since a full size crew cab wouldn't fit in our garage. The little truck get's worked since we have our main house here in Elk River, MN and our farm property in Luck, WI. We're always pulling a trailer back and fourth for something. It's definitely a worker bee, with some creature features. 20 mpg all the time without a trailer, and have yet to get it stuck. I've had it in some s?!t I never thought I'd get out of. It's a good truck!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Cool
Luck, WI...
You happen to know Aaron Arjes?
School teacher in Luck?

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Rims look shiny

·
Registered
210 Posts
Buddy. First off, sweet looking garage! Love the Tacoma! How do you like it? I am a die hard Chevy guy, but I am so pissed off at them ( two brand new trucks 2009&2013, nothing but problems) I am shopping for a new truck and it wont be GMC. I love the Tacoma, that is what I am leaning towards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool
Luck, WI...
You happen to know Aaron Arjes?
School teacher in Luck?

We don't know a whole lot of people out there. Our favorite farmer, Larry stops by to visit once in a while. We've also gotten to know the guys on the Luck fire department a little bit. They just burned our old farmhouse down for practice a few weeks ago. I can't figure out how to post a picture of that, but it was intense!
Also sleddingfarmer was cool enough to meet up with me last year to show me around a little bit. That's about all we know.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Buddy. First off, sweet looking garage! Love the Tacoma! How do you like it? I am a die hard Chevy guy, but I am so "edit for bad language" off at them ( two brand new trucks 2009&2013, nothing but problems) I am shopping for a new truck and it wont be GMC. I love the Tacoma, that is what I am leaning towards
Been looking at taco to. Wanting to see how there new engine does.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been looking at taco to. Wanting to see how there new engine does.
I talk to guys I run into out there who have 2016 Tacoma's. Every one of them have told me to hang onto the one I've got. They don't like the engine or transmission. The engine is the Highlander engine. By spec the horsepower is down a little but torque is up (or vise versa). Every person I have talked to says the old school 4 liter is much better. Broader torque range and better mileage. They also complain the new transmission "hunts" too much. The other thing they've mentioned is the price tag. $6K more for similarly equipped Tacoma's of previous years. I've noticed they don't come with mud flaps anymore either.

Man I'd make a bad spokesman for Toyota. I love my 2012, but that's just what guys with 2016's have told me.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Gotcha.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
And thanks for heads up

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Was going to wash mine. But will be dirty by Tuesday again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts