Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Its a myth....

Ive also hit it numerous times going slow and fast. It just dies and once you fully stop it goes into reverse.

·
Registered
110 Posts
bigf150 said:
I thought it was supposed to be disabled after 3000 rpm? is that a myth?
[snapback]715291[/snapback]​
Hit mine this year while pulling 4500 or so. Just the loss or momentum almost sent me over the bars. So I guess the 3000 is just a myth. (Or else I have a problem?) Not worried though. Has only happened a few times.

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
I have hit mine also a couple of times while moving right along. As soon as i notice the sled start to die, I knew what I did, so I just hit the kill switch. I know that 3000 is not correct.

Ryan

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Oh Oh Oh Me I know this one

Your driving along. With your brights on of course. A semi truck is on the highway flashes you. Not wanting to tick anyone off you quickly move to hit the brights darn hit the RER.
Panic sets in........ You quickly think hit the Kill Switch. You do so. Your slowing down. Lights are bopping and flashing behind you. You know its only a matter of time. Crap its those people you ride with.

Two guys... You know them....... They are smarty pants....... one a mechanic one a farmer...... They know you did something... However they arent sure what.

Over overtaken by shame........ You quickly yell (not taking the helmet off or lifting the shield)....... hit reverse.
Pull and start the sled up. Hit the throttle and take off as fast as your 550F will let you, hoping all will be forgotten by the next time everyone is stopped.........

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
I thought it was supposed to be disabled after 3000 rpm? is that a myth?
RER is disabled after engagement RPM. It was on my 03, 04 and 06... ???

BUT there is no motion sensor so you could be coasting at say 45 and the engine rpms drop below engagement, at that point the motor will reverse... dumb but true-

Ok, here's one. Has anyone pulled the recoil while running in reverse??
yes, try it, it opens a hole in space-time to an alternate trail system... where sled weight does not matter and yamaha is king!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
WIfarmer said:
JBASS said:
Never done it pushing the light switch I hit it with my leg or hand.
[snapback]715653[/snapback]​
Ok, here's one. Has anyone pulled the recoil while running in reverse??
[snapback]715676[/snapback]​
you mean the engine noise, lights, and beeper, wasn't enouph to tell you that the engine was already started?

if not I think you need a new sport!

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
If you pulled it while it was in reverse wouldnt the pawls catch and lock in and rip the recoil apart?

Someone should try it...

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
You First

Let me know how it goes

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
sure, if your buying the new recoil and a hood and whatever else gets taken out when that thing explodes

·
Registered
163 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
sure, if your buying the new recoil and a hood and whatever else gets taken out when that thing explodes

[snapback]715877[/snapback]​
Oh, trust me, I'm not gunna try. The only reason I brought it up is that a buddy has a polaris w/ it's own RER kinda system, and it has do not pull the recoil stickers everywhere.

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Hey Now it was your idea........ you pay

Come on........ Take one for the team!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts