Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been buying parts from these guys for years as they always seem to beat local dealer prices.. I went to order some parts yesterday and was re-directed to their new online parts ordering store called performance parts or something like that. It's still part of Honda East but the lower prices are not lower anymore.. Huge bummer

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
try robs performance on ebay or online, they often have good prices on things as well. plus, they are a great dealership.

steve

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I just emailed Honda East to find out what the deal is. This new pricing is not competitive anymore. For an example, I bought a Multifunction gauge from them last summer for $289. Nobody around could even come close to that price. I just checked the pricing on their new parts site and it's $387. Which in checking with PowersEdge, it's $387 also.

I checked Jaycox as mentioned in post #4 above and it was $387 also.

Kind of seems like some set pricing now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am glad I got the heavy duty rear bumper for my Skandic last month. Saved 20%, plus free shipping. Got a bunch of random parts a few months ago. Free shipping adds substantial savings. Does ski-doo have a policy with dealers prohibiting parts discounts? If so, perhaps enforcement by Ski-Doo shut down their online discount business?

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
It appears they are now selling at manufacturer's list price.

A couple of months ago I purchased four idler wheels at $29.99 each.

Those same wheels are now $39.99 each.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I know other dealers have complained about their pricing. Maybe BRP decided to make all dealers use uniform pricing. It would help the mom and pop places that don't do Internet business.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
I just emailed Honda East to find out what the deal is. This new pricing is not competitive anymore. For an example, I bought a Multifunction gauge from them last summer for $289. Nobody around could even come close to that price. I just checked the pricing on their new parts site and it's $387. Which in checking with PowersEdge, it's $387 also.

I checked Jaycox as mentioned in post #4 above and it was $387 also.

Kind of seems like some set pricing now.
Like I stated earlier, you have to go to checkout. You put it in your cart and it comes up $387.99. At checkout you get a discount of $77.60 for a final price of $310.39.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just bought four upper idler wheel bearings from Honda East @ 9.99 each.. At checkout it was the same price

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Sorry tic...$7.99 after checkout at Jaycox

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I've been buying parts from these guys for years as they always seem to beat local dealer prices.. I went to order some parts yesterday and was re-directed to their new online parts ordering store called performance parts or something like that. It's still part of Honda East but the lower prices are not lower anymore.. Huge bummer
I was wondering when someone else would notice; went on there the other day to price some parts for my Freeride, and noticed the website had changed and all the prices are at list. No huge deal; I will go there in person anyway to save shipping, and I'll certainly ask about the online pricing. Perhaps the discount only appears in your cart when you sign into your account, like someone above mentioned.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
When I go to Honda East the parts page breakdown is in french

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Ok; I spent about an hour messing around with their parts website. They still DO have the discount, without a doubt. I had to sign up for a new online parts account; once I was all set up and signed in, I started searching the parts I needed. All of them were listed in both a "crossed out" list price, and the actual discounted price. I ordered the XC front bumper, a new bottom pan & 12 rivets, skid plate fastener kit, a couple of M10 nuts for the shock bolts. Shipping was free; of course I was charged Ohio sales tax, but total was just under $324.

No need to get wound up, guys. Honda East; or "Powersports Discount" as it's now known, is still the cheapest place online to buy parts...

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Ok; I spent about an hour messing around with their parts website. They still DO have the discount, without a doubt. I had to sign up for a new online parts account; once I was all set up and signed in, I started searching the parts I needed. All of them were listed in both a "crossed out" list price, and the actual discounted price. I ordered the XC front bumper, a new bottom pan & 12 rivets, skid plate fastener kit, a couple of M10 nuts for the shock bolts. Shipping was free; of course I was charged Ohio sales tax, but total was just under $324.

No need to get wound up, guys. Honda East; or "Powersports Discount" as it's now known, is still the cheapest place online to buy parts...
Thanks IcutMetl!

At first I though it was still not working per your instructions. I created an account but it was still showing everything at full list price. I had to log out, close their web page, pull it back up and long in and then it was showing the discount. :righton

1 - 16 of 16 Posts