Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
76 CS...nice unit..I find that I don't use mine as much as I thought I would...more of a gadget really...

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
I have a Magellen Sportrac Pro and like it very much. It is a very accurate unit for a consumer model. I am thinking of upgradeing to an Explorist or Meridian for the expandable memory.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What kinda prices are we talking here for these units??Just curious??And where's the best place to buy one,price wise??

·
Registered
90 Posts
NewfieRider440 said:
I have a Garmin GPS 76 cs, what are u guys using and how do find em?
[snapback]698037[/snapback]​
I have the Magellan Explorist 600. I love this unit. As accurate as my old Sportrak Pro with a ton more features. Very small with an excellent colour screen, USB connectivity, SD card storage, electronic compass, Li-ion rechargeable battery etc. With Direct Route software it does auto routing and with Topo software it provides high detail maping capabilities off the beaten track.
Overall, I'm very happy with this GPS.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
garmin etrex vista with cd update for ontario roads and recreation. has lots of added info inc old logging roads. ski

·
Ka-RAY-Zeeee
5,301 Posts
skidooboy said:
garmin etrex vista with cd update for ontario roads and recreation. has lots of added info inc old logging roads. ski
[snapback]698721[/snapback]​
Thought you were a mod? Temporary installment??

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
still am a mod. is there a new law we cant post under regular forums after becoming a mod? LOL!!! ski

·
Registered
89 Posts
Magellan SporTrak Pro and SporTrak Color. I have found them to be very accurate, with quick satellite lock even in heavy trees. I keep one mounted on the dash next to the tach and keep one running in my pocket. I turn them on when we leave in the morning and shut them off when we turn in for the night. Then I download all the tracks back home.

Whenever the group leader needs to know where we are he stops and heads back to me. I never go out on the trails, winter or summer, without them anymore.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chull said:
NewfieRider440 said:
I have a Garmin GPS 76 cs,
[snapback]698037[/snapback]​
Ditto.
But is a pain to get in and out of the handlebar bag. Thinking of an 'outside' mount.
[snapback]699034[/snapback]​
I had the same problem and ordered the marine mount from Lebaron, it works grea so far. Do U have the topo canada maps. They make a huge difference to the detail on the unit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Extremely happy with my Lowrance iFinder H2O. Works most excellent on the sled, in the car and in the bassboat. It uses an SD memory card so I have up 1Gig of memory!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Magellan Meridian color with Direct route.100% better than my old 330.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
teammetz said:
another
[snapback]698469[/snapback]​
One of the things I don't like about some of the Garmin units is that the buttons are above the screen. If you hold the unit in one hand and press buttons with the other in a natural position, your hand obscures the screen. Same if you use one hand. Your thumb obscures the screen.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have a Garmin GPSIII plus, i would get a GPS V if i had to get another one, the nice part about it you can mount it sideways between the handle bars with the ram mounting system.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
i-finder mounted to risers
but i think i will go for
colour next year

1 - 20 of 35 Posts